Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Dec 7, 2005, 10:34 AM   #1

The puppies are now 3 and a half weeks old and their eyes are open and they now bark and growl:-). My sister asked me to come around tonight and photograph them again. Unfortunately the little female runt of the litter had not picked up and was becoming weaker and weaker. Sadly about an hour after these photos were taken the vet discovered that she had a heart defect and we had to put her to sleep.

Here you can see the size of them by my mobile phone

worn out

two burly males

this one is sweet

These next shots show the runt and just how small she was in comparison with her siblings

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:28 PM   #2

Alady,

Oh no ! My wife was broken hearted. (Me too) We thought they were so cute. The others sure look healthy. Good luck to your sister and the dogs.

dale

PS: The pictures are nice but sad.

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 5:59 AM   #3

Thanks, one was lost at birth and then this one. My sister has bred the grandmother twice and the mother once. It often happens that you lose puppies with breeding.we noticed the runt looking unwell last night, poor little thing was suffering, luckily the vet came out at 10pm and diagnosed a hole in the heart and the decision was made that the pup had to be put to sleep. All the pups are already sold so now that buyer shall have to wait for a puppy from another dog from the same breeder my sister got her original dog from or wait some time before my sister allows her dog to breed again.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:17 PM   #4

Our Japanese Chin couple had 5 puppies five weeks ago. My wife has grown so attached that I think I'll have to sell them when she's not home. I'm sure the loss of your little female was very difficult, since I know how attached you can get after only a few weeks. Thanks for sharing the nice photos.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:39 AM   #5

My sister was sad but philosophical, it happens in dog breeding. The other pups are doing great now, they have broken down my sisters barricade and are on the charge:-)