Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:12 AM   #1

We have a real zoo at our house so I read a lot of pet posts. I never see very many posts of this pet. They are a real challenge to photograph. The kids do better with a point and shoot sometimes. We have 5 of them!

Weezy
Attached Images

weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:32 PM   #2

Ooh!! Ooh!! I have some pics! :blah: These cuties aren't mine, but belong toa good friend who had me over one day specifically to (attempt to!)take some pics. It went really well...but it certainly was exhausting!! (for the humans that is!)

This is Arwen...
Attached Images

Murmurmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:33 PM   #3

And this is Legolas...
Attached Images

Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:41 PM   #4

My friend has thisreally nicelittle waterfall he built on his deck (he also built the deck!), so we put the ferrets on the waterfall and took a couple pics there... This is Legolas again... He was the more "cooperative" of the two... (i.e. slower! :lol
Attached Images

Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:45 PM   #5

Finally, this is Arwen again-she's the little speedy sneak of the two... I had a hard time keeping up with her with my camera!! But, I got this shot which I really liked of her *under* a part of the waterfall looking out. Apparently she likes to go under to this spot and pop her head out for a drink of water!! It was so cute...but of course she only stayed there for a milli-second, just enough time to get this one pic!
Attached Images

Old Feb 11, 2006, 8:37 PM   #6

Those are cute - I love the waterfall. How did you take them? You can't get wild weezls to pose for love nor money. Mind discussing?
I can get a good one sometimes but not often.

Thanks, Weezy
weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2006, 8:55 PM   #7

Oh yeah...trust me... I took a LOT of pics and only came away with a handful I liked!! The trick was just to keep shooting and eventually you'll get a few keepers!

I shot all the pics with my Nikon D50, with the regular kit lens. We also picked a good day-it was afternoon, the light was pretty,but his deck was nice & shady so it wasn't too bright. It was nice that we could get some of the outside shotssince the deck is (basically) ferret-proof... with supervision anyway! He literally built the deck with the ferrets in mind, enclosed on all sides so they can't sneak away as easily. We also used some Ferretone to bribe them-that's how we got the shot of Arwen licking her nose...lol.

For most of the shots, my friend would basically put the ferrets in the general spot where we wanted to get the pics, and I would be ready tojust start shooting as soon as he let go!! I had the camera on auto most of the time-I'm not yet talented enough to use my camera manually to get pics of these slippery little buggers! :?