Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Animal & Pet Photos

Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:26 PM   #1

This is the last photo I took of my Dunky Dog. He was the best dog I could ever hope for. Had to put him to sleep this past Saturday. Rest in peace, Daddy's sweet boy.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46926747TgNHrn
ScubaDachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:12 PM   #2

What a great tribute. I am sorry to hear about your loss.
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:41 AM   #3

oh so sorry to hear that ... i know all to well how you are feeling .. i lost my dog of 9yrs last July and it hurts so much .. it does get a lil easier in time .. the pain and memories will never go away .. i know it is hard .

Marion
Marn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:16 AM   #4

Anyone who has had a friend like this knows how you must be feeling. I lost my dog after 13 years back in 2000. We were so close. This bond between dog and human is something very special. I just hope the pain and that empty feeling eases and is replaced with fond happy memories, although the sadness lingers it does get a little easier.

Kind regards,

Syd
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 8:00 AM   #5

So sorry to hear of your loss and I know exactly how you are feeling right now.

As a breeder and kennel owner we have lost ( due to age) more than the normal number of dogs over the past few years and every passing is just devastating.

Time is a good healer and we have to remember the good times we have shared with our companions and the love that they gave us over the years without asking for anything in return.
Geoff
Ps every dog we have lost has a photo on the fridge door
limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:45 PM   #6

sorry for your loss. i know exactly how you feel, a few years ago i had to put my baby of 15yrs to sleep. it was one of the hardest things i ever did. i cried for months, but in time it will get better....

sara
saraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 4:32 PM   #7

Every time someone posts a message like this, the response is all supportive. Almost all of us have had the same experience, and we all offer our understanding and sympathy. I'd like to think that each time we respond, our collective thoughts do reach out and givesupport. God bless...

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 7:13 AM   #8

Sorry I haven't been on here lately. Just haven't felt much like doing anything. Everyone's kind words are much appreciated. Duncan touched a lot of people while he was here. We've received a lot of hugs, cards, and e-mails from people who knew him. It's helped to know that we aren't the only ones who will miss him.

Mark
ScubaDachshund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:28 PM   #9

I dont post often here..but wanted to say how sorry I am for the loss of your Duncan. We lost our 11 yr Sheltie to cancer last May...and just before that our 16.5yr Shih Tzu..They really are part of our families..and a huge part of our lives. We had our two privately cremated...and thier ashes were mixed together and buried under our garden swing that we sit in every evening when the weather is nice. Your little guy will always be with you in your heart and memories..my sincerest sympathies.
Saycheez is offline   Reply With Quote