Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Architectural Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/architectural-photos-74/)
-   -   Long exposure... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/architectural-photos-74/long-exposure-173068/)

cmoy Jun 24, 2010 5:57 PM

Long exposure...
 
Took these at friends house this past weekend. Had a fun time playing with the shutter speeds. Photos taken from Jersey looking at the city.

Thanks for looking!
Chris

70-200mm at 200mm with 1.4x TC
f/11
20 sec
ISO 100
http://www.christophergmoy.com/photo...6_2uB4A-XL.jpg

12-24mm at 12mm
f/13
2 min
ISO 100
http://www.christophergmoy.com/photo...0_v63XC-XL.jpg

70-200mm at 200mm with 1.4x TC
f/11
30 sec
ISO 100
http://www.christophergmoy.com/photo...9_V9zWF-XL.jpg

12-24mm at 24mm
f/11
1 min
ISO 100
http://www.christophergmoy.com/photo...3_oRU5u-XL.jpg

70-200mm at 175mm with 1.4x TC (forgot to taken the TC off)
f/13
1 min 25 sec
ISO 100
http://www.christophergmoy.com/photo...6_hvyxX-XL.jpg

Empire State Building sporting Yankee and Met colors for the subways series. Go Yanks! :D
70-200mm at 200mm with 1.4x TC
f/13
20 sec
ISO 100
http://www.christophergmoy.com/photo...0_dNCgp-XL.jpg

Bynx Jun 24, 2010 8:02 PM

Since photography is all about light or the lack thereof, night shots always interest me. Some nice stuff here. I prefer the second lighting exposure of the first pic. Sharper image. But all nice. Thanks.

cmoy Jun 24, 2010 11:10 PM

Thanks Bynx! The shot you like was actually the second take. I thought the first take was it because the lights were on. When I took the second photo the lights were turned off. To the eye it looked way too dark. To my surprise that photo looked much better than the lit photo :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1111348)
Since photography is all about light or the lack thereof, night shots always interest me. Some nice stuff here. I prefer the second lighting exposure of the first pic. Sharper image. But all nice. Thanks.


Acapulco Jun 26, 2010 12:30 AM

wow, second picture is really really nice !
It would be such a great advert actually... I can picture it saying "live here" and I would just pack up and go there.

cmoy Jun 26, 2010 8:15 AM

Thanks Acapulco! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acapulco (Post 1111808)
wow, second picture is really really nice !
It would be such a great advert actually... I can picture it saying "live here" and I would just pack up and go there.


maggo85 Jun 30, 2010 5:56 AM

Oh wow, these are amazing.... love the lightning of the ESB! And when I take a look at #2, I'd like to IMMEDIATELY move there... beautiful!

cmoy Jun 30, 2010 1:08 PM

Thanks Markus!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggo85 (Post 1113158)
Oh wow, these are amazing.... love the lightning of the ESB! And when I take a look at #2, I'd like to IMMEDIATELY move there... beautiful!


shoturtle Jun 30, 2010 4:09 PM

nice shot of the Cathedral on 116st street. It should be finish in another 10 years ;) They have been building it for almost 100 years now.

ronin2307 Jul 1, 2010 12:10 PM

#2 is really awesome imo

cmoy Jul 1, 2010 10:10 PM

Thanks shoturtle! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1113351)
nice shot of the Cathedral on 116st street. It should be finish in another 10 years ;) They have been building it for almost 100 years now.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:26 AM.