Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:03 AM   #1

I liked the light at that day and was toying around with camera settings to get some shots the way I wanted them. Especially DOF was interesting so I went and took some photos of statues. Here are 4 shots for you:

#1 - sitting woman. I wanted a wide DOF because I liked the stone structures in the background too. Also the light and shadow as well as the special position of the statue in relation to the door.

#2 - meditating woman: the light was just so very nice here, look at the fine reflexes on the body! Also the background was interesting to my mind - I have to go back to that place in summer when the hedges are green - but I think that brown background is really great for that photo.

#3 - this one was tough to get with that DOF because the statue extends the arm and although I wanted it to seperate from the background I found the background too interesting to blur it completely or too heavy.

#4 - stony rabbit: not much to say here - I just liked the huge ears and that face as well as the somewhat big legs and feet.

That's it - I hope you enjoyed the show!

Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:02 AM   #2

Very enjoyable thematic show, indeed...consisting all well exposed, neat images!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 12:24 PM   #3

Thank you,

at times I like to capture "details". If you would aska citizen where those statues can be found or if they are in his/her hometown - I bet that lots of people wouldn't be able to answer on that. So these things are "city details" - every city has it's own. Some of them look almost identical, some differ very much.

It's such details you remember when coming home from a vacation trip or so on - and I like to spot them (hard) and to snap a picture (sometimes easy, sometimes very hard, depending on subject)

Happy snapping,
Th.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 6:29 PM   #4

I agree great show and well taken shots.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote