Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 23, 2007, 3:39 PM   #11

Just wondering if my eye's are playing tricks on me, but from what i see the S70 matches the dslr's, go figure. Ah bahadir tomorrow good luck with your National Soccor team playing with Greece.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:06 PM   #12

musket wrote:
Quote:
Seems like the s70 is doing well in these shots

I wonder now about the e-500 as a starter kit recomended

in this article I was reading today.

http://philip.greenspun.com/photogra...tal-slr-system
Thanks for the link! Was a joy to read...I think I am so used to shooting at an exposure time below 1/20 with my S70 that I'd not mind missing the SR of the k100d : )

.................................................. ............................

Bob wrote:
Quote:
I have looked at these several times now and each time I come away quite impressed with the E-400 photo without the flash. I almost purchased a Olympus e-500 but went with the Nikon D-50 due to more lens options
If its the noise was on par with the Pentax or Nikon at higher ISO levels, I would chose the Olympus which looks and feels greatlikethe film SLR's...Thank you for your informative andencouraging feedbacks!

.................................................. ......................................

Hercules, upon yourkind compliment on my good old S70, I am encouraged to post one morepicture taken with it,which almost conviced to spend the money treating meal to my friends : )

About the football match, thanks for reminding! Iexpect to watch quality game in the first place (althoughI prefer playingto watching)
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:11 PM   #13

Powershot S70, Exposure t:1/15 ; F=f/2.8 ; ISO: 50 ; Handheld...
Attached Images

Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:32 PM   #14

Is the service that slow in Turkey? :blah: Those two gentlemen at the counter have been waiting patiently through at least two test shots with two different cameras with the same frustrated pose.:G Once agian, good luck with your search. Good steady hands at those shutter speeds, a little trick if you are shooting a non-moving object in low light, I use the 2 second timer and steady myself in that 2 seconds. Helps reduce the shake from pressing the shutter button.
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 5:39 AM   #15

GoCups wrote:
Quote:
Is the service that slow in Turkey? :blah:Those two gentlemen at the counter have been waiting patiently through at least two test shots with two different cameras with the same frustrated pose:G
Ah, they might not receive proper service since thestaff were busy with a demanding customer such as myself :GAh, it couldeven bea kind of earlyfrustrationfollowing the an uncertain decisionof purchase :lol:Ah, my search has become sth. like the crusades!!

Thank you for your kind interest and the tip about using the timer ; )
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:49 AM   #16

bahadir wrote

.................................................. ......................................

Hercules, upon yourkind compliment on my good old S70, I am encouraged to post one morepicture taken with it,which almost conviced to spend the money treating meal to my friends : )

About the football match, thanks for reminding! Iexpect to watch quality game in the first place (althoughI prefer playingto watching)

Bahadir i bet it convinced you to spend the money elsewhere, i said it before and i'll say it again there is nothing wrong with compact digicams just as long as you get a good one, like i said i took a picture with my S3 IS and the same with my 350D and kit lens and saw very little difference maybe nothing in 4x6 prints, but comparing images with my Sigma 17-70then the dslr is a big winner all the way around.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:37 PM   #17

Quote:
i said it before and i'll say it again there is nothing wrong with compact digicams just as long as you get a good one, like i said i took a picture with my S3 IS and the same with my 350D Sigma 17-70 and saw very little difference maybe nothing in 4x6 prints, and as far as ISO sure the dslr would top it, but then again you can just use clean image or noiseninja.
So, once again, you say: 'King is naked!' :G
Quote:
Bahadir i bet it convinced you to spend the money elsewhere
A weekend in Athens for example! Ah,I fancya title 'Bahadır in Acropolis'for monday's post, then

PS. nice to see you're online again after the match :lol:
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:50 PM   #18

Sorry bahadir i had to edit as i made a mistake, it was with the kit lens, the Sigma is a very good lens you get excellent image quality from that. Oh congragulations on the killing tonight.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 4:56 PM   #19

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
i said it before and i'll say it again there is nothing wrong with compact digicams just as long as you get a good one, like i said i took a picture with my S3 IS and the same with my 350D Sigma 17-70 and saw very little difference maybe nothing in 4x6 prints, and as far as ISO sure the dslr would top it, but then again you can just use clean image or noiseninja.
So, once again, you say: 'King is naked!' :G
Quote:
Bahadir i bet it convinced you to spend the money elsewhere
A weekend in Athens for example! Ah,I fancya title 'Bahadır in Acropolis'for monday's post, then

PS. nice to see you're online again after the match :lol:
Sure why not come to Athens i'll work up an appatite, like i said good game but it's nothing i'll lose sleep over though.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 5:28 PM   #20

OK, I'll let you know before I get on the plane! Let's see who arrives in Athens earlier : ) A duet of two cameras overPericles' Athens could be great
Quote:
like i said good game but it's nothing i'll lose sleep over though
You're right! Had you not reminded me yesterday, I would probably miss it tonight : )