Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 26, 2007, 5:51 AM   #1

This is the site where the remains of one of the Seven Wonders of The Ancient World, Temple of Artemis, lies in Ephesus today.

I intended to give a faded and grainy look typical to images from some old magazine whose nostalgia odoured, dizzy making! pages captures my attention for quite a while...

Btw, I am happy to celebrate the birthday ofour fellow member Hercules,who is known tobe akeenadmirer ofsuchplaces: )
Attached Images

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:30 AM   #2

Just when i thought to forget about my birthday bahadir has to rub it in lol i might say that is very nice of you my friend, i really love that picture out of that παλιο περιοδικο, Thanks again.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:35 PM   #3

hercules wrote:
Quote:
i really love that picture out of that παλιο περιοδικο, Thanks again.
Great tohear it fromAννα Βίσση, though I don't like much of pop music, even in my own language!!
Old Mar 28, 2007, 3:23 PM   #4

Yes Αννα Βισση, she's the Modonna of Greece, i accually went to one of her concerts in Athens and got a hug from her, she's really short but looks really good for 48yrs.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 4:00 PM   #5

bahadir

Great pic, I like the old print colouring.......musket

hercules
I hope you had a great day on your birthday... .....musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:30 PM   #6

Hercules wrote:
Quote:
Yes Αννα Βισση, she's the Modonna of Greece...
Come on Hercules!Aννα Βίσσηcertainly deserves much more than being compared with Madonna!I would even pay homage to her temple if she had one:G...Ah, if only she wouldn't sing in English!

.................................................. ...................

Quote:
Glad you liked it! I'm sure you have such a subtle taste : )

Old Mar 29, 2007, 5:39 AM   #7

musket wrote:
Quote:
bahadir

hercules
I hope you had a great day on your birthday... .....musket
Thank you musket.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 5:43 AM   #8

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Hercules wrote:
Quote:
Yes Αννα Βισση, she's the Modonna of Greece...
Come on Hercules!Aννα Βίσσηcertainly deserves much more than being compared with Madonna!I would even pay homage to her temple if she had one:G...Ah, if only she wouldn't sing in English!

Yes bahadir your right, i was just stating her stardom.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 9:11 PM   #9
Jif

Bahadir - I love this picture, I think the faded look is a great idea as it encapusaltes both the its present and ancient beauty. The colors give it a sense of melancholy - and what I mean by that is that while there is beauty there is also afeeling of loss. And I think this is exactly the effect you want to have when taking pictures of ruins- while the ruins themselves in their current state are very beautiful, they also represent not only the loss of the buildings, palaces, and dwellings, but the loss of a civilization. I think in general, this approach should be used more often when taking pictures of ancient ruins, because it , just by its very color, defines for the viewer what the Temple of Artemis was in a way that a normal picture without such coloringwouldbe unableconvey. And that makes the image so much more powerful and meaningful.Great Job.

Jif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2007, 6:10 PM   #10

Jif wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir - I love this picture, I think the faded look is a great idea as it encapusaltes both the its present and ancient beauty. The colors give it a sense of melancholy - and what I mean by that is that while there is beauty there is also afeeling of loss. And I think this is exactly the effect you want to have when taking pictures of ruins- while the ruins themselves in their current state are very beautiful, they also represent not only the loss of the buildings, palaces, and dwellings, but the loss of a civilization. I think in general, this approach should be used more often when taking pictures of ancient ruins, because it , just by its very color, defines for the viewer what the Temple of Artemis was in a way that a normal picture without such coloringwouldbe unableconvey. And that makes the image so much more powerful and meaningful.Great Job.

Woow!!that' how sensitive of you...You've managed tohit the nail on the head right in your first post!!Your lines signal toa highlyrefinedtasteas well asa noteworthy vigour of expressing it...Wellcome to the forum :|

To Phily with love!!

Bahadır