Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jun 10, 2007, 6:41 PM   #1

Still have more pict to process for the France trip. This is the new area (north/west of Paris ) with hardly any old buildings

Sushi Japanese restaurant with food to be picked up on conveyor belt

You can see that each table has 2 faucets for water and softdrink as well. Minimal fuss eating there. I heard that in HK or Japan this is quite common already. Still news to me definitely

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:18 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

danielchtong [img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_%C3%84garen/Mina%20dokument/Mina%20bilder/Djur/Sl%C3%A4ndor/IMG_9807_1_b_b.jpg[/img]

Masteful captures. Not afraid of the modern. La modernité - a french concept, isn´t it.

You have now posted so many fantastic architectural pictures. They have space. They create a public room also in this forum.

Great. And the use of the wide angle lens is appropriate and gives extra dimension. I am one of the many who appreciate your postings for their brave freshness and bold angles.

Thanks

Torgny

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 9:05 PM   #3

Torgny wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong [img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_%C3%84garen/Mina%20dokument/Mina%20bilder/Djur/Sl%C3%A4ndor/IMG_9807_1_b_b.jpg[/img]

Masteful captures. Not afraid of the modern. La modernité - a french concept, isn´t it.*

You have now posted so many fantastic architectural pictures. They have space. They create a public room* also in this forum.

Great. And the use of the wide angle lens is appropiate and gives extra dimension. I am one of the many who appreciate your postings for their brave freshness and bold angles.

Thanks

Torgny

Torgny

Some people are not thrilled with wide angle shots. Occasionally I defish some of the pict as you can see. Also wide angle in travel is handy to avoid crowd and to get the feel or the width of the scenary.
Another issue with me is that I have two Pentax dslr and Pentax is notorious for not producing good qual zoom (unlike Canon). Its strength lies in it small, sharp and light weight prime lens. Thus my prime lens line up is like 16-28-50-100-135 & 300mm. I have two bodies and in these two trips majority of the time I had 16mm and 50mm in my two camera bodies. Thanks for your overstatement of my photo skill.
BTW I love to explore more of other older parts of Europe well for more architechural shots, when I go for full retirement

Daniel , Toronto
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:01 AM   #4

Very nice composition shots,, but i take it they are straight out of the camera right? love that restaurant also
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:19 AM   #5

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Very nice composition shots,, but i take it they are straight out of the camera right? love that restaurant also
Thanks for taking time to comment

Other than resizing, no pp at all. I tried to show (focus) the conveyor belt and empty tables showing the 2 faucets. very cool restaurant design

Daniel, Toronto

p.s. the location should be called La Defense. My apology