Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Oct 2, 2007, 8:03 PM   #11

Beautiful photos.
flutelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:15 AM   #12

musket wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful scenery, nicely captured......................musket
I'mglad you enjoyed them! I have a castle for you soon; )

.................................................. ..........

@flutelady: Thank you for letting me know your appreciation!
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 5:42 AM   #13

Bahadir,

I don't often visit this section of the forums, but when I do, I am often rewarded!

thanks for sharing some great photos... I'm sure that Turkey is every bit as interesting as Greece was when I was there exactly 12 months ago on our honeymoon.

Your photos tempt me to think should we ever visit that area (Aegean area) again, we should definitely visit Turkey!

I particularly appreciate your photos 2 (arch) and 3 (columns), which convey beautifully the architecture and setting of the area! Well done. The only improvements to these photos I can think of would be to try a HDR (multiple exposure and overlay them, to balance the shadow / highlight areas!)

Maybe you should start a Turkey photographers tour for us Bahadir!... Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape after all charges lovely sums of money to take people to Antarctica! :idea: http://luminous-landscape.com/worksh...ica-2009.shtml and to be honest I think I would prefer to be in Turkey than Antarctica!!

Thanks for sharing...

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:51 AM   #14

pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir,

I don't often visit this section of the forums, but when I do, I am often rewarded!

thanks for sharing some great photos... I'm sure that Turkey is every bit as interesting as Greece was when I was there exactly 12 months ago on our honeymoon.

Your photos tempt me to think should we ever visit that area (Aegean area) again, we should definitely visit Turkey!

I particularly appreciate your photos 2 (arch) and 3 (columns), which convey beautifully the architecture and setting of the area! Well done. The only improvements to these photos I can think of would be to try a HDR (multiple exposure and overlay them, to balance the shadow / highlight areas!)

Maybe you should start a Turkey photographers tour for us Bahadir!... Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape after all charges lovely sums of money to take people to Antarctica! :idea: http://luminous-landscape.com/worksh...ica-2009.shtml and to be honest I think I would prefer to be in Turkey than Antarctica!!

Thanks for sharing...

Paul
Dear, Paul! Thank you for your kind appreciation. That was all the tiny sensor of my compact could collect. I might have tried the HDR solution,though..

I'd love to orginize a photographic tour and live workshopwith my friends from Steve's! This could also turn out to be convention which would bring us to Greece hosted by Hercules andtoIceland hosted by GisliI'm sure he wouldn't charge us as much as Mr. Reichmann:-)well, on my part,due to my priority, that will be from little to nothing:!: Btw,I wishnobodyto get mywords as ahint ofboast orsentimental evaluation, which is enemy to true knowledge. Ionce even proposed the University of Athensa researchtopic (roughly) regarding the culturalheritage of Athens and of Attica

Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:00 AM   #15

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
pj1974 wrote:
Quote:
Bahadir,

Maybe you should start a Turkey photographers tour for us Bahadir!... Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape after all charges lovely sums of money to take people to Antarctica! :idea: http://luminous-landscape.com/workshops/antarctica-2009.shtml and to be honest I think I would prefer to be in Turkey than Antarctica!!

Thanks for sharing...

Paul
Dear, Paul! Thank you for your kind appreciation. That was all the tiny sensor of my compact could collect. I might have tried the HDR solution,though..

I'd love to orginize a photographic tour and live workshopwith my friends from Steve's! This could also turn out to be convention which would bring us to Greece hosted by Hercules andtoIceland hosted by GisliI'm sure he wouldn't charge us as much as Mr. Reichmann:-)well, on my part,due to my priority, that will be from little to nothing:!: Btw,I wishnobodyto get mywords as ahint ofboast orsentimental evaluation, which is enemy to true knowledge. Ionce even proposed the University of Athensa researchtopic (roughly) regarding the culturalheritage of Athens and of Attica

Now that's an Ancient Theater my friend enough to send a cold chill up your spine, very fabulous shots, if you ever make it to Sparta i will NOT charge a dime to show you around, when pj was in my Dads city Tripoli if he would of told me that he was there i would have popped over there to see him this is also what awaits you guy's but maybe a few more ice cold beers on the table arkadias

hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 2:27 AM   #16

hercules wrote:
Quote:
Now that's an Ancient Theater my friend enough to send a cold chill up your spine, very fabulous shots, if you ever make it to Sparta i will NOT charge a dime to show you around, when pj was in my Dads city Tripoli if he would of told me that he was there i would have popped over there to see him this is also what awaits you guy's but maybe a few more ice cold beers on the table arkadias

YummyIsee I have more than enough reason todo justice to Sparta and to Athensas well- if youwon't mind (Ref: Alcibiades)-with my ney toys arriving today!You get on your bike and I take the plane from here and see who first arrives there:-)
Old Oct 5, 2007, 6:37 AM   #17

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
hercules wrote:
Quote:

YummyIsee I have more than enough reason todo justice to Sparta and to Athensas well- if youwon't mind (Ref: Alcibiades)-with my ney toys arriving today!You get on your bike and I take the plane from here and see who first arrives there:-)
The race shall begin arkadias and i will be waiting for new pictures with your new toy
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 2:17 PM   #18

First class shots bahadir, really brilliant, thoes men certainly new haw to build things to last.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:43 PM   #19

hercules wrote:
Quote:
The race shall begin arkadias and i will be waiting for new pictures with your new toy
Thank you dear friend! I will of course, as soon as I get used tomy toy'ssweet sweetwhims :-)

.................................................. .......................................

Alex wrote:
Quote:
First class shots bahadir, really brilliant, thoes men certainly new haw to build things to last.
Oh, that's how wonderful feedback from you my friend : )

Ah, especially when compared withthe majority ofso called modern buildingsone sees around as a result ofour insane consuming culture and economy!!