Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Dec 15, 2007, 3:34 AM   #11

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
musket,that'squite an elegant frame : ) Thanksfor your kind effort!
Thank you, 'Photoimpact 10' was used to make the frame and

'Raw Therapee vers 2.2'to sharpen on resizing..........:|.........musket
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 1:10 AM   #12

Nice night shot arkadias,, the title should of read slippery when wet:G btw is that a toll post far to the right, very good shot though
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 7:00 AM   #13

@ musket: Thank you for the valuable tip: ) In fact,I had downloaded the much praised Raw Therapee 2.2 version butdid not manageopen my raw files for some vague reason:?Now you give me a good reason to tryonce again!

.................................................. ...................................

hercules wrote:

Quote:
Nice night shot arkadias,, the title should of read slippery when wet:G btw is that a toll post far to the right, very good shot though
You don't refer toone of my earlier posts in People's Photos entitled 'Slippery when wet', do you??:G Btw, you're right, arkadaş! That'sthe toll post for the Izmir- Cesme highway..In summer,you can also seerows of light for several hundred meters fromcars on way back towork fromsummer houseson sunday evenings: )

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 8:05 AM   #14

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
@ musket: Thank you for the valuable tip: ) In fact,I had downloaded the much praised Raw Therapee 2.2 version butdid not manageopen my raw files for some vague reason:?Now you give me a good reason to tryonce again!
Well I gather it's up to vers 2.3Beta1 now with more cameras added

maybe yours is in the list now.............musket.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=31

Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:38 PM   #15

Good shot, the toll gate in the back looks like the starting gate for a car race.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 5:04 AM   #16

Thank you musket! Hard to confess, but I tried the beta version alsoI knowthey have been converting DNG raw files from K10D for a long time. I'll have to find out what I'm doing wrong!

.................................................. .................................................

Calicajunwrote:
Quote:
Good shot, the toll gate in the back looks like the starting gate for a car race.
Great comparison, ideed : ) In fact, that's really a starting gate for people racing for a weekend escape by the sea! I may post a stitchwork of thevery sightin summer:-)

Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:55 AM   #17

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
Thank you musket! Hard to confess, but I tried the beta version alsoI knowthey have been converting DNG raw files from K10D for a long time. I'll have to find out what I'm doing wrong!
Yes, it seems .pef or .ptx are Pentax raw files, .dng is an Adobe file.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format

Also viewer codecs between windows Vista and XP are different as well.

I checked the web and could only find a free trial of a DNG codec

http://www.ardfry.com/dng-codec/Download.htm

I did'ntfind any info on Raw Therapee with regards dng files.

maybe more web searches would reveal more, if you surf from time to time

as there are always new things to find.............:|.........musket.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 5:08 AM   #18

I finally did it, musket! In fact downloading and installing is a breeze! The difficulty was either due to some whim of the so called professional windows on my computer or myawkwardness... or both:G Thank you for stiffening my resolve in the meantime : )

Ifind the software very rich featured, very competent! There's almosteverything one should ever needduringa raw conversionStill, one should be carefulwhen enablingthe defaults,especially'the sharpening' whichcan invariablyoversharpenyourpictures!! One negative aspect is thatI findit really slow when compared to the CS3 and Pentax Photo Laboratory (which is great for batch processing!)

Anyway, below is a version at which I disabled the default sharpening.

Attached Images

Old Dec 19, 2007, 6:09 AM   #19

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I finally did it, musket! In fact downloading and installing is a breeze! The difficulty was either due to some whim of the so called professional windows on my computer or myawkwardness... or both:G Thank you for stiffening my resolve in the meantime : )

Ifind the software very rich featured, very competent! There's almosteverything one should ever needduringa raw conversionStill, one should be carefulwhen enablingthe defaults,especially'the sharpening' whichcan invariablyoversharpenyourpictures!! One negative aspect is thatI findit really slow when compared to the CS3 and Pentax Photo Laboratory (which is great for batch processing!)

Anyway, below is a version at which I disabled the default sharpening.

Great, glad you got it figured out, it could do with a few more tools

designed into it like redeye/greeneye tool and makeup tool to remove

blemishes, the photo looks ok as well, although I prefer clarity and

crispness inmy effortsand would often use the sharpening toolson resizing.

.................................musket.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:59 AM   #20

bahadir wrote:
Quote:

.................................................. ...................................

hercules wrote:

Quote:
You don't refer toone of my earlier posts in People's Photos entitled 'Slippery when wet', do you??:G Btw, you're right, arkadaş! That'sthe toll post for the Izmir- Cesme highway..In summer,you can also seerows of light for several hundred meters fromcars on way back towork fromsummer houseson sunday evenings: )
I really don't remember that topic Arkadias, and it probably gets backed with traffic like you say, Merry Xmas and a happy new year my friend
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote