Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:22 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


All are equal but some are more equal than others

Free from George Orwell

/T


Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


Even the pigs are asleep

Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

Or perhaps with white borders, musket. What a timing
Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 2:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default

Too thick perhaps
Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:09 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

I'drefer to a well known reply of Socrates when he was givenHeraclitus' book : )

"What I understand is splendid; and I think what I don't understand is so too - but it would take a Delian diver to get to the bottom of it."
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 3:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Yes much better with the borders, maybe some cropped off the vertical

shot would also be in order.Thinking of timing it seems to have been

very dark in the early afternoon going by the time on the Iexif :-)when

these shots were taken and I suppose the farmer doesn't own a shotgun

and watch out for prowlers (chilling)........................musket.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 4:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I'drefer to a well known reply of Socrates when he was givenHeraclitus' book : )

"What I understand is splendid; and I think what I don't understand is so too - but it would take a Delian diver to get to the bottom of it."
Yes, Euripides gave it to him. Never understood the "Delian diver" concept though

/T


Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 4:27 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Torgny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Posts: 10,042
Default


musket wrote:
Quote:
Yes much better with the borders, maybe some cropped off the vertical

shot would also be in order.Thinking of timing it seems to have been

very dark in the early afternoon going by the time on the Iexif :-)when

these shots were taken and I suppose the farmer doesn't own a shotgun

and watch out for prowlers (chilling)........................musket.
The (I)exif shows wrong time. This picture was taken when most people are asleep. I always carry a quite heavy flashlight in my nightly walks. Waterproof and made of hard rubber it can also be used as a baton

OK then. My thought with the long foreground was that it was going to be a long fore-ground but like most misunderstood geniuses...

Here you are :-)

/T
Attached Images
 
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 4:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
bahadir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Posts: 6,263
Default

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

bahadir wrote:
Quote:
I'drefer to a well known reply of Socrates when he was givenHeraclitus' book : )

"What I understand is splendid; and I think what I don't understand is so too - but it would take a Delian diver to get to the bottom of it."
Yes, Euripides gave it to him. Never understood the "Delian diver" concept though

/T

Delian is an adjective which refers to the island of Delos, as you may know.

The answer lies in the following quotation froma mythconcerning Delos, I believe

''Zeus appealed to his brother, Poseidon, to help them find some place, somewhere in the sea where Leto could rest and eventually give birth to Zeus' child. Poseidon then took the invisible floating rock called Adelos [the invisible] and anchored it to the sea with four columns of rock-hard diamond chains and then renamed it Delos [the visible]. This myth was so intensely believed in that it was the reason of peril for many a brave treasure hunters who lost their lives trying to retrieve those diamond chains from the sea bed...''
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:11 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
musket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,782
Default

Torgny wrote:
Quote:

musket wrote:
Quote:
Yes much better with the borders, maybe some cropped off the vertical

shot would also be in order.Thinking of timing it seems to have been

very dark in the early afternoon going by the time on the Iexif :-)when

these shots were taken and I suppose the farmer doesn't own a shotgun

and watch out for prowlers (chilling)........................musket.
The (I)exif shows wrong time. This picture was taken when most people are asleep. I always carry a quite heavy flashlight in my nightly walks. Waterproof and made of hard rubber it can also be used as a baton

OK then. My thought with the long foreground was that it was going to be a long fore-ground but like most misunderstood geniuses...

Here you are :-)

/T
Not bad , well I thought I'd try one as well :-)..................musket.


Attached Images
 
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.