Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:01 AM   #1

Default Fountain, breezeway, hills

In Walnut Creek, California, I was walking from parking to lobby of a customer and saw this fountain and the view behind it. Stopped to take a pic, that would have been the end of it as it was brightest daylight at the fountain and dark shadow in the breezeway. Fortunately, playing, I had previously turned on exposure bracketing last time I used my cam, and 'accidentally' got 3. Then tried a few times and... Not spectacular, but close enough to what made me stop and click, that I had to post, for what it's worth, my first HDR.

rmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2009, 6:47 AM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuir View Post
In Walnut Creek, California, I was walking from parking to lobby of a customer and saw this fountain and the view behind it. Stopped to take a pic, that would have been the end of it as it was brightest daylight at the fountain and dark shadow in the breezeway. Fortunately, playing, I had previously turned on exposure bracketing last time I used my cam, and 'accidentally' got 3. Then tried a few times and... Not spectacular, but close enough to what made me stop and click, that I had to post, for what it's worth, my first HDR.

muir,

Your efforts gave a great result. You must be fascinated with symmetry. How was your bracketing, in EV steps.

Btw How do you like the architecture of Antoni Gaudí

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antoni_Gaud%C3%AD

Torgny
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Aug 22, 2009 at 7:04 AM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 6:56 PM   #3

Torgny, it was +/-2. I wasn't expecting much with the moving water, but had found an HDR tutorial for CS4 and I wanted to try it, these were handy. CS4 dealt with the water better than I thought possible, (though there was some bizarre pink and purple fringing it the water jets that I had to clone out.)

Thanks for the link, I found that article and many links from it very interesting. Especially - http://guell.vrama.net/

Robert

Last edited by rmuir; Aug 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM.
rmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 1:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmuir View Post
Thanks for the link, I found that article and many links from it very interesting. Especially - http://guell.vrama.net/
Thanks a lot Robert for enjoying my website
If u have any question about HDR, feel free to ask

Clement
RlemBCN is offline   Reply With Quote