Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgny View Post
...You might wonder why some people sit outside in the cold....
I wonder if this has the same reason as it does in Norway? People sitting outside the café's in the cold are not just being masochistic, you know.

Her in Norway it's the smokers who sit outside, since it is forbidden by law to smoke inside public places, restaurants and cafes. Restaurant owners even supply warm woolen blankets to spread across your lap when you sit outside and sip your koffee. Some places even have infra-red heaters on the wall.

I'm really glad I gave up smoking some 3 years ago (well, 2 years, 6 months, 24 days, and 7 hours and.....)

But this was a very long entry just to tell Torgny that I love this series!! The very special atmosphere in this part of Gothenburg is well captured, and as for the cobble-stone pavement laid down in this very lovely pattern, it's no stranger to me. We have the same type in the old part of our small town (Gamle Fredrikstad = http://www.lokalhistoriewiki.no/inde..._i_Fredrikstad) and I just love this pattern, specially on wet days, when the surface of each of these stones gets a different shade of color.

I hope Torgny doesn't mind my posting this picture her:
Attached Images

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 16, 2009 at 3:22 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:01 PM   #12

Nice shot. My compliments to the brick layers.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 10:41 PM   #13

Love it, Torgny. No wonder you post pictures almost every day with a beautiful city as Gothenburg to stroll around in

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:08 PM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
I wonder if this has the same reason as it does in Norway? People sitting outside the café's in the cold are not just being masochistic, you know.

Her in Norway it's the smokers who sit outside, since it is forbidden by law to smoke inside public places, restaurants and cafes. Restaurant owners even supply warm woolen blankets to spread across your lap when you sit outside and sip your koffee. Some places even have infra-red heaters on the wall.

I'm really glad I gave up smoking some 3 years ago (well, 2 years, 6 months, 24 days, and 7 hours and.....)

But this was a very long entry just to tell Torgny that I love this series!! The very special atmosphere in this part of Gothenburg is well captured, and as for the cobble-stone pavement laid down in this very lovely pattern, it's no stranger to me. We have the same type in the old part of our small town (Gamle Fredrikstad = http://www.lokalhistoriewiki.no/inde..._i_Fredrikstad) and I just love this pattern, specially on wet days, when the surface of each of these stones gets a different shade of color.

I hope Torgny doesn't mind my posting this picture her:

Walter,

Thanks for your words, the link and all. Seems ... How can I have missed Fredrikstad. I'll be there when the spring comes or perhaps sooner

Was just joking about the cafés. It's the same here. The smokers are also accompanied by other people with an uncomplicated realtionship to death and illness

And there are some other social factors involved

Thank you for the picture. Great light and shadows. Many feet have walked ....

I was out a rainy day as usual the other day. I want to share two more photos. Bear (beer) with me

Torgny

Well, needless to say, the closer you get the more the patterns vanish and vice versa
Attached Images

Last edited by Torgny; Nov 17, 2009 at 7:15 PM.
Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:14 PM   #15

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco View Post
Love it, Torgny. No wonder you post pictures almost every day with a beautiful city as Gothenburg to stroll around in
Acapulco,

Stockholm is number one, but Gothenburg is my town. Välkommen to Haga. It can show nice sides also at this time of the year

Torgny
Attached Images

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:58 PM   #16

This last shot is almost the same location as the #1 shot, to begin with (where the woman is cykling by...but further up the street). I recognise the building and the wrought-iron-fence with the golden autumn-leaves behind it.

Nice one, Torgny
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:55 PM   #17

I like the difference between the brickwork style of the road and the sidewalks. Very nice work.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote