Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:13 PM   #1

Default What is this doing outside of Best Buy?

I saw this mobile factory something or other outside my local Best Buy two nights ago. What can I do with it? Can you suggest a crop or anything that would make this a worthwhile shot?

Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2003, 9:14 AM   #2

That looks like a portable fertilizer mixing facility.

As for improvement, the first thing I would recommend is to crop the dark area to the right. Next, you need some color correction. You have a subject that is brightly lit with incandescent/tungsten lights and your white balance was probably set for daylight. Paint Shop Pro has an auto color balance function (Photoshp should have something similar) which allows you to shift the overall color of the image. There is a slider on a scale for color temperatore. Thie corresponds to the color temperature where the photo was shot. If you push the slider down to the incandescent or tungsten setting, you will find that the strong orange color goes away.

As for other suggestions, I can't come up with any. IMHO, a fertilizer plant doesn't suggest too many artistic ideas.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:59 PM   #3

calr, I think you're right about all points. A spotlit fertilizer mixing facility is not attractive or artistic. Unless I had spent some more time and got in closer to the pipes. Perhaps I could have done a lot better going the abstract route. But a wide shot of the whole structive does not work.
Joshua B is offline   Reply With Quote