Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:53 AM   #11

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Why did you not just take the belt parkway and avoid some of the traffic. The LIE is horrible in queens. You get to hug the coast a bit also for a nicer view then the Long Island Parking Lot, aka LIE.
We used to take the Belt Pkwy for years and each year the congestion seemed to get worse between the Veranz. and JFK...we've actually found the BQE and the LIE to be much better during the weekends which is when we're typically making the trek across the Island. Our drive ends in Greenport and the LIE gives us a decent drive up to Riverhead in Suffolk County. Anyhow...we're way off topic here!

Back to topic, last year when I was making this run, I saw the Queen Mary 2 docked at the pier off the BQE...it was quite a sight. Here is a capture of the Brooklyn Bridge from 2008.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:58 AM   #12

Very nice, taken form the brooklyn promenade?
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Very nice, taken form the brooklyn promenade?
LOL...not quite....my wife snapped it out the car window while we were heading west on the BQE on our way home to KY. Each tme we've driven by, I have mentioned to her that I wish I knew which exit to get off at to photograph the NYC skyline and Brooklyn Bridge--the place that is featured in so many movies and picture postcards. Is that the Brooklyn Promenade? I imagine a night shoot of the NYC skyline would be great from that spot. Is it considered safe in the area after dark?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
LOL...not quite....my wife snapped it out the car window while we were heading west on the BQE on our way home to KY. Each tme we've driven by, I have mentioned to her that I wish I knew which exit to get off at to photograph the NYC skyline and Brooklyn Bridge--the place that is featured in so many movies and picture postcards. Is that the Brooklyn Promenade? I imagine a night shoot of the NYC skyline would be great from that spot. Is it considered safe in the area after dark?
Yes,

Take the brooklyn bridge exit off the BQE when heading toward Staten Island. Bare right when the exit folks. There are sometime spot available for parking.

Last edited by shoturtle; Jan 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:36 PM   #15

Also if you want to treat your wife, the river cafe is a nice dinner spot, kinda pricey reservation is a good idea. Great View.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:29 PM   #16

Thanks for the information...I'll check it out this Summer when we're passing through.