Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:25 PM   #11

I know, I was trying my hardest in HS to get into cooper union, being a poor inner city kid. But what it has become is a joke. And I think they should loose their tax benifit also. NYC students should get first dips on getting in to that school since NYC tax payers flip part of their bill.

Well the engineering school is not the pretty anyway. As long as they do not take down the library it is okay. They will just have one less starbucks in that intersection. I do not know why they need two there.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
I know, I was trying my hardest in HS to get into cooper union, being a poor inner city kid. But what it has become is a joke. And I think they should loose their tax benifit also. NYC students should get first dips on getting in to that school since NYC tax payers flip part of their bill.

Well the engineering school is not the pretty anyway. As long as they do not take down the library it is okay. They will just have one less starbucks in that intersection. I do not know why they need two there.
I was part of a large community group that opposed Coopers expansion plan. The Charter of Cooper is pretty clear, and the present board is in clear violation. Yet the charter ALSO allows the State Attorney General to intervene. We wrote to Spitzer, and he backed off and hid from the whole mess. Who knows, perhaps we should try Cuomo. I don't mind the tax credits as long as their living up to their charter. Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:18 PM   #13

It will be interesting to see if cuomo will get involved. He may want to run for Paterson's seat still.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 9, 2010 at 5:56 PM. Reason: typo
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:55 PM   #14

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if cuomo will get involved. He may wan to run for Paterson's seat still.
You dont mean Jane Patterson do you? She has one helluva seat. I was thinking of running for it too.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:57 PM   #15

Nope
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:33 AM   #16

Is that building for real? That's the most hideous piece of so-called 'architecture' I've ever seen. I'd love to have a Gravol concession out on the sidewalk tho...

To answer Torgny's question, I think Gaudi is one of the best, certainly the most original and expressive architects of all time. If there's one building I'd love to see before I die, it's the Sagrada Familia Cathedral.
Fujifilm FinePix HS10, Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Pentax E-80 P&S, Sunpak auto383 flash, Optex slave flash, Velbon VGB3 heavy-metal tripod, TechPro TP-242 tripod with B62 ballhead, assorted filters and other bits.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:06 PM   #17

Yes it is for real unfortunately, but it is only the second ugliest one in NYC. There is one worst one close by.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Yes it is for real unfortunately, but it is only the second ugliest one in NYC. There is one worst one close by.
I once saw a movie that was sooooo bad, that it was good, at least in the sense that I got my monies worth in entertainment value.

Who knows, maybe some smart tour company will start the "Ugly Buildings of New York tour."

"Tis an ill wind indeed that blows no one any good"

I've been telling people to go and actually see Great Blue ever since it went up. A real treat...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote