Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:41 AM   #31

SharpShotGal, I have not heard of Jim Jones. It's scary how a cultist can attract a following.

I remember the Amazing Kreskin, a stage hypnotist who bills himself as "the world's greatest mentalist". In his TV show back in the 70s (you can watch them on hulu.com) he kept emphasizing the "power of suggestion". If the mind (hypnosis) can do what he does on stage, imagine, he says, what negative thoughts can do. His message is to think positive thoughts always.

Thanks a lot, Frank. I'm not a teacher or a writer so those are pretty high compliments. Much appreciated. I guess I'm like the electronics hobbyist who breaks things apart to find out how they work. I remember enjoying a Michael Crichton novel and wanted to break it apart to see how he could make the story so page-turning.

#22) Front of the Log Home. My wife took this picture.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:01 AM   #32

I do have to agree with Frank, your narratives and photos are compelling and the thought did occur to me that if you tire of your "day" job a career as a travel writer/photographer would be a natural alternative for you. I also think any group wishing to document local/regional culture or history should actively seek you out for the project.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:03 AM   #33

I guess I will strive to make it happen. Thanks a lot, A.C. and all, for your encouragements.

#23) Log home and farm seen from the entrance to the Sacred Grove.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote