Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old May 13, 2011, 7:08 AM   #1

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni
Default Drying Clothes

From Färjenäs
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2011, 4:11 PM   #2

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

A broader perspective
Attached Images

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Last edited by Torgny; May 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:22 AM   #3

Thankyou Torgny

what a fascinating view of someone else's way of doing the daily chores
- I note few pegs ... mostly on the little items, the larger items just left to "hang-around"

The building is wonderful to view as well -so very different from our aussie houses

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 3:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
Thankyou Torgny

what a fascinating view of someone else's way of doing the daily chores
- I note few pegs ... mostly on the little items, the larger items just left to "hang-around"

The building is wonderful to view as well -so very different from our aussie houses

Regards, Phil

Phil,

Excuse me for not answering until now. I have done some "research" on the architecture. What I think I know is that is British in origin. I'll come back to the subject

Yes, and why not dry clothes outside. No electricity - "sustainable clothes drying" one might say

Regards

Torgny

Old May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM   #5

Default Thank you for posting

I love both of them very much. It's about time something simple as this gets posted. Brought back many memories of when I was growing up. Laundry, hanging to dry and pick up after being dried was one of my chores. Funny how I miss it now and really didn't like it then.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 8:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIZnquest View Post
I love both of them very much. It's about time something simple as this gets posted. Brought back many memories of when I was growing up. Laundry, hanging to dry and pick up after being dried was one of my chores. Funny how I miss it now and really didn't like it then.
Yes, I like the simple life as well. You get some perspective as the years go by

//T

Old May 30, 2011, 2:49 AM   #7

G'day Torgny

nice to hear from you again
re: clothes drying ... in Oz, most people - maybe 99%- with everyday homes on a 1/4-acre block with some grass in the back yard will dry their clothes in the sunshine unless it's raining...
Down here it's regarded by many people as being 'wasteful & [almost] sinful' to use an electric clothes dryer when the sun can do it for you

However, if you are living in a multi-story block of apartments - you have little choice
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:24 AM   #8

And clothes that are dried on a line smell wonderful without any additive. I don't think I'm going to suggest to Mrs. Barbarian that we put up a clothesline, though.

Chose your battles...
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Torgny

nice to hear from you again
re: clothes drying ... in Oz, most people - maybe 99%- with everyday homes on a 1/4-acre block with some grass in the back yard will dry their clothes in the sunshine unless it's raining...
Down here it's regarded by many people as being 'wasteful & [almost] sinful' to use an electric clothes dryer when the sun can do it for you

However, if you are living in a multi-story block of apartments - you have little choice
Regards, Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the folkloristic information Someone said you can dry clothes in minus temperature degrees (Celsius anyhow) Don't understand how that would be possible

Regards/Torgny

Old Jun 5, 2011, 2:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
And clothes that are dried on a line smell wonderful without any additive. I don't think I'm going to suggest to Mrs. Barbarian that we put up a clothesline, though.

Chose your battles...

The Barbarians,

Long marriages make me cry. I envy those who manage. The ability to adjust to other people - I'm sure you've fought harder battles ...

Use to tell all my sons: "Choose your enemies" (Better would be to choose no enemies at all, of course)

Anyhow, that special smell could at least be a childhood memory - those smell sensations are very important - digging into the reptile brain

//T

Last edited by Torgny; Jun 5, 2011 at 4:14 PM.