Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jan 1, 2012, 9:02 AM   #11

The dusk lighting is well capture, IMO. Beautiful pics.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:59 PM   #12

G'day Torgny

Another excellent series - well done
I presume that these were taken around sunrise as the colour / brightness of the light is altering slightly between images ... if so, congrats for getting up so early!!

I am also appreciating your verticals being vertical ~ again I presume that either in the camera stage, or as pp, you have ensured that all verticals remain vertical even tho the camera is pointing upwards in some cases

Overall, a well taken & well presented series. Thank you for sharing
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:21 AM   #13

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
I really like number four. I had no idea the Scots had a history in Sweden. Very interesting.

The Barbarian,

Oh, yes, they came in three waves.

"Göteborg låg nära Skottland. Det var ofta lättare att segla till Göteborg från till exempel Aberdeen än att ta sig till London vid den här tiden"

It was often easier to sail to Gothenburg than to London. Some names

Keiller
Gibson
Dickson
Hall
Carnegie
Chalmers

They saw potentials especially in and around Gothenburg, water power being the essential factor

Most of the pictures of the old brick factory buildings I have posted in this section of the forum are from these Scottish enterprises

Torgny

http://www.swedickson.nu/livelihoods/livelihoods.htm

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.
Allagerillagallallerilly!

Torgny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:40 PM   #14

Location: Northeast Passage 10; Gothenburg, Sweden, Northern Europe, Planet Earth, Outskirts of Milky Way, Uni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose View Post
A good series based on the lighting conditions and the architectural theme. I do enjoy very much seeing the older buildings in your photographs. So many of them well kept and maintained it shows that there is a respect for their history.

Photograph #6 really struck a chord with me for some reason. Perhaps the lighting, the colour or the mystery of what might be through those arches and around the other side.

Regards
Yes, it's a good thing that older buildings are preserved; often respectfully renovated and maintained. I can understand the fascination for arches. A simple line by Thomas Tranströmer, a countryman and 2011 Nobelprice laureate in Literature.

"Arches behind arches behind arches"

and he could have continued with an infinite recursion (you say?)

You may excuse my English. It seems never to suffice

Regards

"Every man", he says thoughtfully, "should pull a boat over a mountain once in his life". And then, once again, he laughs at himself. (About Werner Herzog) TTL Photography (True To Life Pictures) My Zenfolio Photo site is at http://torgnydellsen.zenfolio.com/

The pictures are optimized for slideshows. The slideshow button is at the upper right. Please use your loudspeakers. There is some music, progressive music from the seventies in the different galleries.

Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
The dusk lighting is well capture, IMO. Beautiful pics.
Yes, VV, you guessed right. Dusk. On the other hand it's only about 5 hours of sun up here this time of the year. Thank you for viewing and commenting. Much appreciated

//T

Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Torgny

Another excellent series - well done
I presume that these were taken around sunrise as the colour / brightness of the light is altering slightly between images ... if so, congrats for getting up so early!!

I am also appreciating your verticals being vertical ~ again I presume that either in the camera stage, or as pp, you have ensured that all verticals remain vertical even tho the camera is pointing upwards in some cases

Overall, a well taken & well presented series. Thank you for sharing
Regards, Phil

And G'day to you, Phil,

Yes, I'm struggling with angles. Don't know how others do but I study the scene and try to remember perspective, degree of convergence etcetera. I manage sometimes, I hope, to correct in Ps, when needed

I think it does a lot for the experience of the physics, (the feeling of presence of the buildings) not to have too much distorsion or falling backwards - the buildings I mean

Regards, Torgny

Last edited by Torgny; Jan 4, 2012 at 9:01 PM.