Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:36 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
cmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,712
Default Chrysler Building

This is a 5 image hand held vertical pano. I had my 28-70mm and 400mm lenses with me. The 28-70 was way too short and the 400mm was just too close. What to do? Use the 400mm and make a pano It took quiet a few sets of 5-7 images till I got one that was free of hand shake. I like the results Thanks for looking guys!

Canon 5D MK III
Canon 400mm f/5.6 L
f/8
1/200 sec
ISO 200
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Wingman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Posts: 4,319
Default

Interesting concept. If you don't mind some feedback: the building looks like it converges towards the bottom versus having all the verticals aligned. Also, building looks like it is leaning to the right. This would be a challenging shot without a perspective correcting lens (big$$$$$$)!

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
donp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Naperville, IL.
Posts: 185
Default

I agree with Wingman says, but that is one of my favorite buildings to look at. Beautiful at night too. Well done !
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
cmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,712
Default

I will definitely check again. Thanks for the feedback Jehan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
Interesting concept. If you don't mind some feedback: the building looks like it converges towards the bottom versus having all the verticals aligned. Also, building looks like it is leaning to the right. This would be a challenging shot without a perspective correcting lens (big$$$$$$)!

Jehan
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:35 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
cmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,712
Default

Thanks donp! Wish we were able to use our tripods here. A night shot would be sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donp View Post
I agree with Wingman says, but that is one of my favorite buildings to look at. Beautiful at night too. Well done !
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:41 AM   #6
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoy View Post
Thanks donp! Wish we were able to use our tripods here. A night shot would be sweet!
You "can't" use a tripod?
  Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:43 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
cmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,712
Default

No We had it all setup and just as we were going to shoot a park ranger came by and told us no tripods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
You "can't" use a tripod?
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:05 PM   #8
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoy View Post
No We had it all setup and just as we were going to shoot a park ranger came by and told us no tripods.
Any idea the rationale for that rule?
  Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:10 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
cmoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,712
Default

They say we need a permit which means they want $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor View Post
Any idea the rationale for that rule?
cmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:17 PM   #10
conor
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoy View Post
They say we need a permit which means they want $$$
Wow.

I guess tripod = professional.
And, professional = making money.
And, making money = tax opportunity.
  Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:15 AM.