Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:24 PM   #1

I was out walking the dogs and decided to grab a shot of this block of flats. It's resized from a 1254x1169 image.
Ok, it's may not be that interesting, but with the sign and bushes I thought it may be to some.

These flats (there are three of these in a row) went on sale a little while ago. I don't know if you can still buy them. They were a snip at £1 each. As long as you agreed to spend £5m bringing them back up to standards of course.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2004, 3:55 AM   #2

whats with the fallen sign post??? Where in Uk are you, anywhere near salisbury castle?????
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 2:26 PM   #3

I live about 100 miles away from Salisbury. I won't publicly give out my exact location, but if you really want to know message me and I'll tell you.

I don't know about the post. I assume some kids knocked it over. The place where these flats are is known for being a bit rough. There were huge riots there a few years ago. It's no-where near as bad now. They got a grant from the government for £50m. No-where else got any money and the £50m seems to have vanished.
There are plans to knocks these flats down and build houses.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 6:44 AM   #4

The reason I asked is that my mother used to play around the outside of that castle as a child. She often speaks about it. I have heaps of relatives in the UK that I know of but have never met, my parents and older brother and sister came to Australia in 1958 and in 1959I was the first of four more kids all born here.:-)
Old Sep 7, 2004, 6:46 AM   #5

by the way, My mother was telling me about a block of flats they visited when they went back to Uk a few years ago, Mum says she felt dizzy looking down from the top floor of the flat and could not imagine living in them:-)