Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:31 PM   #1

This consists of 10 photos stitched together. It is the view from Devou Park in Covington, KY. Downtown Covington can be seen on the close side of the river on the right.

I know it's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, especially considering I took the pictures without a tripod.

By the way, the red-and-white transmission towers are not mounted on top of the downtown skyscrapers... they are very tall and located significantly behind the buildings. They happen to line up with the buildigns in this view. A lot of Cincinnati postcard shots are taken from this location, and I think those transmission towers are often cloned/airbrushed out.

Here's a small version

Link to larger version (622 KB)
http://www.qrivy.net/~chris/ssp/cin/devou-pan.jpg

The large version is less than 25% full size!
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:18 PM   #2

Great stitching! Can't detect it at all. What kind of camera did you use? Did it have a built in panoramic help feature? Cheers.........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:04 AM   #3

The camera used was a Sony F717.

If you can't see the stitching, then I'm not going to point out exactly where there are problems! :lol: (none are too serious)

I used daylight white balance and manual exposure set the same way for each picture to minimize color and brightness differences. I stitched these manually in Photoshop. I also ran the final product through NeatImage to filter noise.
UrbanPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote