Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:22 AM   #1

Hi, this is Claxby church. Claxby is a small village in the Lincolnshire woldsUk. Taken on Feb 9th 2006 with Canon S2IS
Attached Images

airedaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:43 AM   #2

I have always interested in old English churches which retain typical Saxon taste. You could send a bigger file with more resolution, I belive. The branches hanging from above add a dramatic effect of mystery of mysteries. I wish you had move a few steps to the left or change the angle of your view so as to capture more of the church, the main subject, without missing the branches and part of the cemetery also. This suggestion is in theory of course, I cannot know the real life conditions out there.
Please keep sending examples of those beautiful churches. Thank you..
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:09 PM   #3

Hi Bahadir. It was not possible to get any more of the church in the photo due to there being a thorn hedge in my way. Pleased you liked it anyway, here is another Old Lincolnshire church that shows the full church. It is at Whitton in Lincolnshire
Attached Images

Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:21 PM   #4

This is my own village church at Melton Ross in Lincolnshire.
Attached Images

Old Feb 10, 2006, 4:30 PM   #5

Oh,sorry to hear about that hindrance which prevented you from taking greater shots. We all take certain risks in the name of photography, don't we? I remember a young talent from this forum who even received some severe threats!! I am sure we can hear very interesting stories about this issue (taking risks for the sake of photography).
Anyway, the church in your village has some gothic element in the portico and windows but has a flat structure (the vaulting is high though) I wonder if it is a reconstruction or relatively a late one modeling after the earlier ones such as the whitton one.
Thank you so much for your kind responsiveness also.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 12:27 PM   #6

These are all beautiful buildings. Too bad you couldn't get a better composition on #1. The second and third shots work well, except that #3 seems to have a slight tilt. Is it on a slope? Even if it is, do you think rotating the photo a bit and getting rid of the slant would help the photo? Like this:
Attached Images

LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 3:45 PM   #7

LadyhawkVA wrote:
Quote:
These are all beautiful buildings. Too bad you couldn't get a better composition on #1. The second and third shots work well, except that #3 seems to have a slight tilt. Is it on a slope? Even if it is, do you think rotating the photo a bit and getting rid of the slant would help the photo? Like this:
Thanks for the comments LadyhawkVA. I think it was more my eye than the church being on a slope and your edit has sorted that out nicely. Thanks for commenting and taking the time to edit.

Regards

Roger