Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:42 AM   #1

Any comments on this pic will be highly appreciated. I am a beginner and tryin my best to take good pictures.
Attached Images

gyalkhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:32 AM   #2

I really like the composition. I like the way you used the tree to establish depth.

The harsh light made it hard for you to keep detail in the white wall, while still keeping detail in the shadows. Some processing might improve that. It wouldn't be easy, especially if you want to keep that nice blue sky, which is so much a part of the picture's attractiveness.

Also, if your processing software has perspective control, you might straighten up the walls a bit. They lean back, because you had to tilt the camera up to get the top of the building in the image. That shouldn't be so hard.

If you're a beginner, you're off to a good start.

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:11 AM   #3

Very nice. Compositionand exposure aregood (considering that most of the building is white, you did a good job no over exposing it).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 1:22 PM   #4

Very nice photo and composition.

To give you a very rough idea of the kind of corrections The Barbarian was suggesting you might try I did a very quick and dirty with his suggestions. I didn't do a real perspective but just a simple transform and shadow/highlight.

I'm not necessarily a fan of correcting perspective as it gives depth and height to the image. I wouldn't call it an improvement but just an example of what he was referring to. I like the mood of your original shot better. For my own use I would probably just bring out the texture of the bright white walls a little and leave the original as is otherwise.

Attached Images

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 2:11 PM   #5

I like your version, slipe. The white bricks have a lot more texture, which makesthe whole picture a lotricher.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 5:16 AM   #6

Yep the texture in the bricks is an improvement.... to me losing the depth(darkness) in the shadow detracts from the original....I realise its a quick edit and you've done more thanI could. Just my humble opinion.
rubadubdub is offline   Reply With Quote