Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Architectural Photos

Old Mar 29, 2006, 11:38 PM   #11

That's correct Tullio. Plus, it is also obvious that they are taken from different angles; the colour version being shot from a few steps from the left. Yet, that does not change the fact that the beer table is most probably still standing there right around the corner next to the blue door, which I feel would make a pretty good contribution to the photo if included (hope not cropped), as in the sephia version, IMO.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:11 AM   #12

I agree, bahadir. That corner bit really adds to theoverall picture.Shaun, can you add the beer table for us? :-)
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:39 AM   #13

That sounds very pretty, Tullio.
We've already appointed the table in the corner as the beer table, by common consent :-)
Old Mar 30, 2006, 2:14 AM   #14

Hi Guys

Isnt it great that this site allows people from three countries to have a discussion about a beer table in a dark corner of Devon

Yes you're right - the two photos were taken on different days, about 2 days apart. I think you're spot on appointing the table as a beer table - best thing for most tables I would say!
Shaun Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 2:41 AM   #15

Indeed, Shaun. Upon your kind remark I now remember Paul's reply two days ago in Harrison's self portrait post:
'' Ahhhh.. you guys.... who needs to visit an online jokes site when you've got Steve's Forums?
Who needs Hollywood when you've got Steve's forums? (see specifically recent KennethD "self portrait" topic...
Heck, what else do we need in the world apart from cameras and Steve's forums to fill up our social lives, intellectual stimulation, artistic skill, even a place to get rid of some steam during each of our argumentative moments...! Phew!
And it's all here in one happy loyalty-free and pop-up free zone''
Now it seems to be justified once again. Cheers! :-)
Old Mar 30, 2006, 11:41 AM   #16

Yes, I've already got family complaints that I'm spending too much time checking these forums!!!
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:30 PM   #17

Believe me, Tullio, you are not the only one who face these sweet little complaints !!!
I often tend to exaggerate things, so I ask for your patience for a few further words..:-)
In fact our existance is already an antithesis to the profit driven human type imposed by some liberal doctrin advocates who also accused Marx of not predicting the coming of technological revolution which, according to them, served as the greatest hindrance to his ideals he put in his book 'The Holy Family'; the ultimate goal of humanity.
Along with other non profit platforms we are becoming a holy family, are we not?
Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:33 AM   #18

I believe we are, bahadir. The inner debaterevolves around time and investment of it. Shall we focus on ourselves or give others the benefit of our existence? Tough choice, sometimes. I try my best to balance things out sinceisolation is not my forte! I just love photography and engaging myself in forum discussions is healthy to the mind!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:46 AM   #19

Very nice. This reminds me of Falkner's Moonfleet, though that's set in Dorset. Many years ago, after having taught that wonderful novel, I made a sort of pilgrimage to the site. This is the kind of scene I expected.

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 7:55 PM   #20

Hi All!

I love both photos, Shaun, well done! I've been to Devon and Cornwell a few times each, and lovely places. I'd like to go there again - this time with my digital camera (last time I had 1 roll of film and a £20camera!)

Bahadir, I just see now your copy of quote - indeed appropriately placed! I do feel Steve's forums has an almost uniqueness of the family feel (e.g. sometimes when someone is away others will ask: "where is s/he and how are they doing?" etc - saying the person is missed!

Well I best be off to BED - because it's 04:45am and I'm in need of some shut-eye!! Tullio, it's your turn to take the "posting - shift" as it's not so late for you in USA! :blah:

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote