Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Batteries or Power Packs (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/batteries-power-packs-50/)
-   -   BC-900 Charger Mode Button Does Not Work (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/batteries-power-packs-50/bc-900-charger-mode-button-does-not-work-171972/)

a-beginner Jun 4, 2010 1:08 AM

BC-900 Charger Mode Button Does Not Work

I've had a BC-900 charger for about 9 months now. Lately, whenever I try and change the charging mode by pressing on the Mode button, nothing happens - even after following the procedure in the manual on how to change modes. When new, there was no problem.

Anyone experience this and, if so, what did you do, short of sending it in for repair?

Thanks for your help.

Egsise Jun 5, 2010 2:49 PM

La Crosse BC-700/BC-900/BC-9009 Charger 'Meltdown' Reports

few reports with dropped mode button..

a-beginner Aug 6, 2010 12:04 AM

For those who may run into the same problem. I found the solution.

You just need to press down harder on the Mode button to get it to work. It looks like the switch is not that sensitive and requires a lot more pressure than normal.

Now the charger works as expected.

Egsise Aug 14, 2010 3:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-beginner (Post 1103306)
whenever I try and change the charging mode by pressing on the Mode button, nothing happens

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-beginner (Post 1126392)

Sounds like a high quality charger...
What if the button gets stiffer and stiffer and you need to use more and more power to press it?

Mark1616 Aug 14, 2010 3:19 PM

Pleased to say mine is fine and it is a stunning charger if not with the greatest switches.

a-beginner Aug 15, 2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egsise (Post 1129405)
Sounds like a high quality charger...
What if the button gets stiffer and stiffer and you need to use more and more power to press it?

So far after a lot of use, the pressure needed to activate the switch is still the same - just harder than you would expect. But an excellent product and worth the investment, specially when you consider that it can resurrect old batteries that you would normally throw away.

Egsise Aug 19, 2010 1:02 AM

Quote:

I've had a BC-900 charger for about 9 months now. Lately, whenever I try and change the charging mode by pressing on the Mode button, nothing happens - even after following the procedure in the manual on how to change modes. When new, there was no problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-beginner (Post 1129814)
So far after a lot of use, the pressure needed to activate the switch is still the same - just harder than you would expect.

What?

a-beginner Aug 19, 2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egsise (Post 1130957)
What?

What I meant is that from the start, when the unit was new, it took a lot more pressure than expected to operate the Mode switch/pushbutton.

Now, after more than a year of use, the Mode switch still requires the same amount of pressure to operate - more pressure than is normally expected.

Hope this clears this up.

Egsise Aug 24, 2010 3:44 AM

Quote:

Anyone experience this and, if so, what did you do, short of sending it in for repair?

Thanks for your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-beginner (Post 1131374)
What I meant is that from the start, when the unit was new, it took a lot more pressure than expected to operate the Mode switch/pushbutton.

Now, after more than a year of use, the Mode switch still requires the same amount of pressure to operate - more pressure than is normally expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-beginner (Post 1126392)
For those who may run into the same problem. I found the solution.

You just need to press down harder on the Mode button to get it to work. It looks like the switch is not that sensitive and requires a lot more pressure than normal.

What?
You forgot how the charger works?
How often you use it, once every 6 months?

Mark1616 Aug 24, 2010 11:14 AM

Egsise, I think we can leave this subject alone now, much better than trying to start an argument or anything similar.

Egsise Aug 24, 2010 10:55 PM

I agree, this thread is useless because according the OP a-beginner there never has not been any problem with the mode button.

irontux Nov 9, 2012 4:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-beginner (Post 1131374)

Is not for me :(
After 3 years my "mode button" is dead.
I can push very strong but don't change program :cry: