Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:07 PM   #1

Has any one used the Accupower 2900 mAh AA batteries with their camera? How did it go? Did they live up to expectations? Roughly how many shots per charge did you get with them? And are the Accupower the only 2900 mAh AA battery manufacturers?

Thanks.
DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 1, 2006, 12:19 PM   #2

I use 2300 mAH & expect to get in excess of 500 shots (no flash) when used on consecutive days; the number of shots will reduce if the interval between shots increases to say weekly but I still get exceptional life from them.

I can't answer your question directly, but I would imagine that you would expect greater than 630 shots using direct proportion & under conditions of use on consecutive days.

I would imagine that in practice, when the camera is not in use, that discharge would reduce the actual number quite considerably.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:52 PM   #3

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
I use 2300 mAH & expect to get in excess of 500 shots (no flash) when used on consecutive days; the number of shots will reduce if the interval between shots increases to say weekly but I still get exceptional life from them.

I can't answer your question directly, but I would imagine that you would expect greater than 630 shots using direct proportion & under conditions of use on consecutive days.

I would imagine that in practice, when the camera is not in use, that discharge would reduce the actual number quite considerably.
Are you saying that "discharge" goes on even while the batteries are sitting in a camera that is powered down? I was told that there is still some power loss. And that it would be better to only insert the batteries into the camera when you're about to use it. Which I would find to be a royal pain. So I've been leaving mine in.

I'm using the supplied Sony 2100 mAh AA batteries that came with my Sony DSC-H1. Knowing my batteries aren't at full-capacity yet I was still slightly disappointed to see that i got only 118 shots. I only used the flash maybe 3-5 times at the most. All the other shots were taken mostly outdoors with ample light.

Wonder how many shots I'll get once these batteries are at full capacity. That, and I'd like to perhaps test out the Accupower 2900 mAh. And I'm still hoping to find out how good these batteries are and what kind of "shots per charge" I can expect on average under real world shooting conditions. So if any one else wants to chime in....

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 5:31 PM   #4

DarkDTSHD wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying that "discharge" goes on even while the batteries are sitting in a camera that is powered down?
Yes - but it depends upon the camera.

My Fuji S602S would flatten a set of batteries after a week but would continue to function when used on consecutive days.

My wifes Canon A80 doesn't discharge the batteries hardly at all & can be left in for weeks without any noticeable affect.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:43 PM   #5

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
DarkDTSHD wrote:
Quote:
Are you saying that "discharge" goes on even while the batteries are sitting in a camera that is powered down?
Yes - but it depends upon the camera.

My Fuji S602S would flatten a set of batteries after a week but would continue to function when used on consecutive days.

My wifes Canon A80 doesn't discharge the batteries hardly at all & can be left in for weeks without any noticeable affect.
Interesting to note. Guess I'll just have to go through another 4 cycles and see how it goes. With the battery sitting inside the camera. Even when not being used.

Thanks for your input.