Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:05 AM   #11

To those who've bought Eneloops and used it, do you notice a dip in camera related performance? I've seen somewhere that lower mAH (Eneloops = 2000mah) may hinder some functions on the DSLR and slows down AF. My first set of batteries are the Eneloops, hence i'm not able to compare it with batteries with higher mah....
ryanmkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:12 PM   #12

Hello Ryanmkk,

I am not aware of any camera performance issues resulting from the use of the Eneloop cells.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 3:37 PM   #13

I bought a pack of these from Ritz retail ($12), in mid September. Didn't charge them, still running in my A95 at 288 shots. Since they surely couldn't have been packaged later than say some time in August, they have already exceeded anything I can get out of regular 2000mah NiMH unless I take pics in less than about 3 weeks. Camera performance with or without flash same as normal NiMH or fresh Alkalines.

I am an infrequent camera user so these are fine for my usage. For those who are going to take lots of shots in a short period higher capacity NiMH's might be more suitable. In such a case these would still make good spares.
Dave Cohen
Dave Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 2:34 PM   #14

OK, it has been 1 month now since I bought my Eneloops. I charged them up and put them in my camera (Pentax *ist DS) fully charged. I've taken probably a couple of hundred photos since and my camera still registered the batteries as being full. Today I took them out and put them on the charger at 1000 mAh/hr charge rate and they were all fully charged within 1/2 hour. In other words, they were at or above 75% after 1 month and 200 photos. All of my other Nimh batteries would have been completely depleted by now. These are real winners in my book. For the way that I use my camera, these are perfect!
dperreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:54 AM   #15

Question for eneloop owners: This morning, I picked up an 8 pack of eneloop AAs at Circuit City. The right side of the package had 3 staples in it, and upon removing them, the entire right side of the carton was open, and part of the bottom.

Is this normal packaging for these cells, or could I have received a set that had been opened and possibly used?

Thanks
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:12 PM   #16

I purchased two 4 packs from Ritz camera and they sure weren't packaged like that! There would be no way of opening mine without someone knowing. I would take the back for an exchange, and raise Hell!
I still haven't opened mine.
Changeling

coppertrail wrote:
Quote:
Question for eneloop owners: This morning, I picked up an 8 pack of eneloop AAs at Circuit City. The right side of the package had 3 staples in it, and upon removing them, the entire right side of the carton was open, and part of the bottom.

Is this normal packaging for these cells, or could I have received a set that had been opened and possibly used?

Thanks
Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:43 PM   #17

Thanks, I'm on my way out the door now. And I am Pi$$3d! Its quite a ways back there, but I don't want to venture out with the Holiday crowds over the next few days!!
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 2:09 PM   #18

I've been using Powerex batteries, which are now about three years old.

I charge at least monthly, and I try to charge within a week before use. But, I don't always know when I'm going to need them, so I don't always get them charged as I'd like. That's why the Enloops seem attractive.

I use a MH-C401FS charger.
Is there a reason why it won't be OK for Enloops?
I guess this one doesn't have a conditioner.
Always, I have used the slooow charge option.

TIA, Rick
RickKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:06 AM   #19

Hello Rick,

The Eneloop cells can be charged on any NiMh charger.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:15 AM   #20

Thanks, SilverFoxCPF.
In general, for all rechargeables, should I replace this charger with one that has other options like conditioning, or should I stay with this one since I've got it?
RickKing is offline   Reply With Quote