Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 20, 2006, 5:23 PM   #1

I bought 4 2100 mAh ultralast Ni-MH batteries. to find out later that the only charger i have from my old batteries is a Li-Ion charger. i read that you can charge a nimh battery in a Li-Ion charger but it wont charge it to full capacity.

where can i find a true cr-v3 ni-mh charger or what should i do in general?

Thanks

Bio
BioHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:11 PM   #2

Hello Bio,

I don't think you want to charge NiMh cells in a Li-Ion charger. The two chemistries use different charging algorithms and come in at different voltages.

Check out http://www.thomasdistributing.com for a good selection of chargers.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:25 PM   #3

I was there before, maybe i am not searching right but i cant find a nimh charger for cr-v3 batteries. can you or anyone actually find a nimh charger not LI-ION CHARGER.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:22 AM   #4
blr

RCR-V3 (the R indicating that this is a rechargeable pack) are LiIon batteries. To my knowledge there is no such thing as NiMH RCR-V3. What you need is a good NiMH charger that will charge 1-4 AA NiMH cells. I usually recommend Lenmar Mach1 Gamma or Lenmar Pro66. Both will charge your cells for about65-70 minutes without overheating.

BioHazard wrote:
Quote:
I bought 4 2100 mAh ultralast Ni-MH batteries. to find out later that the only charger i have from my old batteries is a Li-Ion charger. i read that you can charge a nimh battery in a Li-Ion charger but it wont charge it to full capacity.

where can i find a true cr-v3 ni-mh charger or what should i do in general?

Thanks

Bio
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:32 AM   #5

i have 4 of them in front of me right now and heres a link to the exact product. i can take a pic of them up close if you like.

http://www.cybergiftcenter.com/appli...ku=C86-ULCRV3R

my olympus E-10 will not take doubble AA batteries only crv3 or if it does i must need an insert or something cause they dont fit

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:08 PM   #6

Hello BioHazard,

In this link they offer both the charge and battery.

http://www.audio-discounters.com/ul-crv3rk.html

You may want to contact them to see if you canpurchase the charger seperately.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:56 PM   #7

Hello Biohazard:
according to the E-10 basic manual, it will use 4 AA batteries, either NIMH or NiCD. The batteries are inserted into a battery case which goes into the battery compartment. If you dont have the manual, you can download it from olympus.com (search on E-10). in pp 22 -28 approx, There are even pictures of the various battery options.
Jerry
Jerry808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:10 PM   #8

well there must be two different battery compartments that go with this camera but i only got one. i tried regular doubble a's and they are to small by about 1/8 inch or little less. only crv3s will fit the compartment i got.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:43 AM   #9

Hi BioHazard,

According to the manual, AA batteries appear to be too short when inserted into the battery case. However, when inserted into the camera, it works out. I think i remember that the battery case collapses but if it were me, i would put 4 AA batteries in the case and install the case in the camera and see if it works. There is a picture in the manual that shows the AA batteries apparently being too short. Hope this helps.
Jerry
Jerry808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:22 AM   #10

HEY!! Thanks! Man!

Your correct. even though the battery's are to short when you put it in it still works. now i have other battery options. thanks a bunch.