Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 15, 2003, 8:32 AM   #1

Default External Battery for Sony Digicam (MVC CD1000)

Does anyone know of an external battery pach that is compatable with the MVC CD1000. Ive looked at many of the websites and none list it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
thos913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2003, 4:18 PM   #2

There are a few battery packs which have "adapters" which are made to match the camera. I put adapter in quotes because the pack is designed with no connector, and you are supposed to pick the right adapter at the same time you but it. So while physically it is kinda an "adapter", it is actually a required component (for almost any other product the adapter isn't required.) Check out the batteries reviewed on this link:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/digi_accessories.html

The first section is batteries and battery packs. You'll have to read the manual to see what the ratings are for the external power, and then just match it up to the right "adapter" and you should be all set!
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 10:21 AM   #3
Administrator

The reason being that most Sony cameras (those using the infoLITHIUM battery pack) don't have a normal DC INput jack. The Sony lithium rechargeable battery is charged in-camera and the jack is used for their AC charger / power supply. And of course they don't use a standard coaxial plug either so that makes it tougher.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2003, 3:27 PM   #4

Steve,

I have used the camera with it plugged into the AC adapter. I just figured that If I added an external battery pack the camera would function just the same and charge the internal at the same time. Any thoughts on this....

Kenny
thos913 is offline   Reply With Quote