Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 10, 2008, 12:19 PM   #21

aeroshep1 wrote:
Quote:
You can get the new rayovac hybrids 4pk aa or aaa for 8.99 at Wal Mart. These appear to be exactly like the Eneloops , the AA's are 2100 Mah, but I havent heard anyone trying them yet.
I've been using several sets of the RayOVac hybrids (both in AA and AAA size) in cameras, flashes and radios for going on a year now and have had excellent results.

---------------------- Bill
BillP2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:19 PM   #22

Hello Barry,

I ran a test charging Eneloop cells in the Energizer 15 minute charger. After 125 charge/discharge cycles they were feeling a little tired. They died at about 140 cycles.

15 minute charging is very quick, but it does reduce the cycle life of batteries. If you can live with 100 - 125 cycles from your cells, there should be no problems.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:38 PM   #23

Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but will I be able to use these type of batteries with my Minolta Dimage7.(A friend of mine thought it might not like them) ?
I currently use a set of 1300mah 1.2v AA batteries which are useless and I'm looking to invest a few sets of batteries and a charger.

I see someone else asked about the charger that can be used. I have an ni-mh/ni-pc charger. Will this charger be ok for charging the hybrid batteries ?

peterpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:14 PM   #24

I'm sure your Dimage7 will love Eneloops. I'm not so sure your Eneloops will love your charger, though. Is it a fairly recent model smart charger? If not, think about replacing it.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:56 AM   #25

Barry in Dallas wrote:
Quote:
Anyone use the Energizer 15 minute charger for Eneloops? I just got my two 8 packs from Amazon yesterday and want to know if it's safe and if they will last as long compared to a slow charger, I'm hearing different things

Thanks
With the MH-C801D PowerEx charger from Thomas Distributing, this charger is rated to properly charge the Eneloops. In fact, in the manual, it states that anything 2000 maH or less is to be charged for 2 hours (soft charging mode). I can attest that when I mistakenly charged 1 batch of my Eneloops with my Energizer NiMH rated @ 2500 maH for 1 hour that the Eneloops did not retain their charge as they did under 2-hr soft charging. When I charged them correctly by soft charging, I've been using the charge to snap about 15 pics/wk on those batteries since Oct 08 and I've STILL got ~ 42% charge left (using them in my Canon S3 IS).
fotografo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2009, 3:09 AM   #26

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
I'm sure your Dimage7 will love Eneloops. I'm not so sure your Eneloops will love your charger, though. Is it a fairly recent model smart charger? If not, think about replacing it.

the Hun
Hi,
Thanks for that. No its an old one I have had for ages. Ive been looking at chargers. So I guess its just time to bite the bullett and buy a new one.
Thanks again.
peterpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:45 PM   #27

I was just reading the last 2 comments about charging, charger types and Eneloop AA. Is the Minwa MW5798 an adequate charger for these batteries? How important is it for them to be fully discharged? I ask b/c sometimes when I press the yellow discharge button on my Minwa the light goes out as soon as I release the button.
alton krenslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 7:58 AM   #28

As long as you charger can accommodate 2000 mAh cells it should be fine. A complete discharge during each use is not necessary, but periodic deep discharged may be beneficial.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote