Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:46 PM   #1

I went to the local HHGregg, after seeing thier Web-site price of $10.99 per 4-pack of AA Sanyo Eneloops. Suprise...their store display has them for $7.99 per 4-pack of both AA & AAA batteries!! Better hurry, that's about 1/2 what everyone else charges!
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:15 PM   #2

You can get the new rayovac hybrids 4pk aa or aaa for 8.99 at Wal Mart. These appear to be exactly like the Eneloops , the AA's are 2100 Mah, but I havent heard anyone trying them yet.
aeroshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:52 AM   #3

Unfortunately, there are no brick and mortar stores in my area, so I did go the online route. Picked up a dozen AA's, at only $9.99 per four pack, and free delivery. Tough deal to beat.
Carbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:51 PM   #4

Just got mine for 9.99 per 4 pack, and 19.99 for 4 batteries and the charger at HHGregg. Unfortunately they were hard to find in the store, and two salespeople didn't know what I was talking about. Hopefully they will be as good as claimed. I'm fed up with the quick self discharge of the energizers I've been using.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 1:33 PM   #5

Just ordered two 4-packs for $19.98...free shipping and no tax. Thanks for the tip, Kalypso.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:46 AM   #6

I have used CTA, Power2000, Duracell and Energizer AA Rechargeables nimh in my digital cameras which inculded an Olympus C-740, Fuji S-5100 and Fuji S-5200. I also used some other off brands in the eariler days when 1700mha was as much power as a battery could pack. I find that the Energizers which are available for $11,99 for 4 pack at Krogers (2500mha) last the longest between chargers (if sitting in the bottom of my bag) and also last the longest in the camera when fully charged. Krogers tends to be cheaper than if I ordered the batteries on line and had to pay shipping for them. I find the sets which are 2300mha lasts longer than my CTA2500mha.

Currently I have one set of CTA 2500mha, 2x 2300mha Energizers and 1x 2500mha energerizers. I charge them all in the MH-C240F charger (maha Energy Corp) that I have had for 3 to 4 years. I also keep all of my batteries in plastic holders that hold 4 batteries each.

With these 4 sets of batteries I have been able to shoot over 3000 pictures (4.1GB) without running out of battery power or having to charge any of them till after the shooting was done) on an extended 12 hour photo assignment last 4th of July.

Hope this info helps. I find energerizer nimh batteries to be just find in my camera (use the Fuji S-5200 now).

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 9:31 PM   #7

I was tempted by the Ravovacs "4 times the life" Thing is "The life of NIMH battery is 1 to 2 weeks. 4 to 8 weeks is nothing to write home about but a lot better.

The Eneloops are suppose to last more like a year. Not Alkaline shelf life but long enough to make storing an NIMH battery in a charged state as opposed to the cahrger feasible.
anthlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2007, 2:41 AM   #8

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
$7.99 per 4-pack of both AA & AAA batteries!! Better hurry, that's about 1/2 what everyone else charges!
They have just fallen to this numeric price level in supermarkets here in the UK, but as usual with technology, the price here is in UK pounds rather than US dollars. With the dollar at a long-termlow of around 2 to the pound, we are, as usual, being ripped off. It makes me wonder whether international financiers have got confused in the wrong direction between pounds vs kilograms and pounds vs dollars.

However this hasn't stopped me seeing them as an inspiration for my brother's birthday present. Every household needs them for all their handsets, cameras, etc etc.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:47 PM   #9

Just picked up at Costco:

8AA, 4AAA, 2 C and 2 D adapters, and charger for $27.
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 9:48 PM   #10

Sorry - Sanyo Eneloops
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote