Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:32 AM   #1

Greeting all,

I have a question. My son is going to Spain in March. He is going to use my Canon Digital Rebel (the original). Will this battery charger work in Spain as is or will he need to buy something else to charge the battery. The charger is the CB-5L.:?

Thanks for any information.

Regards,

John
johnmorfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2007, 2:02 PM   #2

Look on the back of the charger, the range of AC voltage and frequency it can handle should be written there. As long as it can handle 230Volts at 50Hz (Spain's power specifications) it'll work. An adapter to plug it in to a Spanish power socket may be needed however, depending on wether Spain has a different power socket to the country where you're located or not.

Quickly took a pic of the back of my Nikon charger and underlined the info you need to look for in red (should be laid out similar on most brand chargers). As you can see my charger will handle any AC voltage in the range from 100volts to 240volts at 50Hz or 60HZ

cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2007, 5:39 PM   #3

Greetings CherryPie,

Thanks for the info. I see that my charger is rated the same as yours. I do appreciate the reply. Now all I have to do is make sure the plug will match up with what Spain is using.

Thanks again,

johnmorfd
johnmorfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:03 AM   #4

I use the same charger (bought in USA) for my 20D and 5D it works fine as far as voltage is concerned. All you need is the righ plug, which might be different from one european country to another, especially in the UK.
Have a look here:
http://www.spanish-country-villa.com/electric/

Maruzzo
maruzzo is offline   Reply With Quote