Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 24, 2007, 12:13 PM   #1

What is a good AC-DC model charger brand and batteries for my Canon 550EX flash.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:02 PM   #2

I like RipVan's LP4000N, however it's straight AC. Has a built in switchable world voltage power supply, charges very quickly and doesn't overheat the batteries.

If you must have a AC->DC charger, any of the maha chargers will do the trick, except the 204w which is also straight AC.
webfors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:31 PM   #3

DO NOT buy anything from RipVan100.

Here is my experience with them:

I ordered one of their chargers (4000N) and Sanyo batteries. I got no order confirmation of any kind. After a week, I went to the contact page on their web site. I sent them an email (as they "prefer") asking about my order. Three days go by, NO RESPONSE. I called them at the number on their web-site repeatedly. Nobody ever answers the phone. I left2 messages asking for a call-back with my phone number. Nobody returned my calls. Another week went by. Searched around the web site and finally found a notice saying that all "backordered" chargers (I had no idea mine was backordered because this guy doesn't COMMUNICATE at ALL) would not be arriving until late MAY (I ordered in March). I emailed him again. NO RESPONSE.

I finally called Amex and told them to cancel the charges. They are now investigating this business and I recieved a letter from Amex saying that they had received no response from him either...

BE WARNED!!!!

Steve, please post this in a sticky spot on the board so that others don't have the same experience I that have.

Thanks!
jaynlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:31 PM   #4

DO NOT buy anything from RipVan100.

Here is my experience with them:

I ordered one of their chargers (4000N) and Sanyo batteries. I got no order confirmation of any kind. After a week, I went to the contact page on their web site. I sent them an email (as they "prefer") asking about my order. Three days go by, NO RESPONSE. I called them at the number on their web-site repeatedly. Nobody ever answers the phone. I left2 messages asking for a call-back with my phone number. Nobody returned my calls. Another week went by. Searched around the web site and finally found a notice saying that all "backordered" chargers (I had no idea mine was backordered because this guy doesn't COMMUNICATE at ALL) would not be arriving until late MAY (I ordered in March). I emailed him again. NO RESPONSE.

I finally called Amex and told them to cancel the charges. They are now investigating this business and I recieved a letter from Amex saying that they had received no response from him either...

BE WARNED!!!!

Steve, please post this in a sticky spot on the board so that others don't have the same experience I that have.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:32 PM   #5

Sorry for the duplicate post. I hit "send" twice think.