Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jul 21, 2003, 6:00 AM   #1

Default Sanyo available at brick and mortar?

I've read some good things about the Sanyo 1850mAh NiMH batteries. Does anyone know if any national brick and motar stores that sell them, or are they only available via the internet/mail order?
Robs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2003, 5:19 PM   #2

Not sure about the Sanyo 1850's, but Wal Mart now carries the Energizer 2100's for $9.83 a package of four. I believe that these are made by Sanyo (and are rebadged Sanyo 2100's.)

Good Day,
Steven
Steven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 7:02 PM   #3

I went there and checked today. They have 1850s for $9.83, but no 2100s.
Robs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:25 PM   #4

I live in northern Minnesota and not a very large city area (10,000) and the Wal Mart up here already carries them; didn't check the Target's.

If this Wal Mart has them I am sure others will be stocking them soon also.

Steven
Old Jan 22, 2004, 8:25 PM   #5

I found the Sanyo Charger ( NC-MQR02U) and 4AA 2100mAh for $30 Can. at Costco in one city, but in another city the Costco had the Duracell charger. They also had Sanyo NiMH 4AA and 2AAA packs for under $18
kribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2004, 9:53 PM   #6
Administrator

I have all the popular brands and capacities listed on my NiMH batteries page, and links and prices to get them from Thomas Distributing - an excellent vendor.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 6:12 AM   #7

Hey Guys!

I just bought awhile ago a Sanyo 2100mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable batt with 2.5 hours Fast Chargers. This is my first time to buy a Ni-MH

It says on the back cover that "For the first time charging, it's recommended to charge not less than 4 hrs. So how long will I still be waiting to pull out the plug after it fully charge? Also is the 2100mAh Ni-MH safe for my Canon 380EX Speedlite? The salesperson told me that it will burn the battery contacts inside the flash co'z of higher voltage and should be only use the Ni-Cad ones. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!

dive
dive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:13 AM   #8

dive wrote:
Quote:
Also is the 2100mAh Ni-MH safe for my Canon 380EX Speedlite? The salesperson told me that it will burn the battery contacts inside the flash co'z of higher voltage and should be only use the Ni-Cad ones. Is this true?
IMO, no (not true). It's perfectly safe, and there is no higher voltage with NiMH. Wonder where he got that information ...:?
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 8:46 AM   #9

Ey KCan!

Yep! I know it's not true that's why i still bought it for my flash.

Btw, what does "trickle charging" means? There's no manual that came with Sanyo NiMH kit.

regards!

dive! :-)
dive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 2:04 PM   #10

what does "trickle charging" means?

dive!

Trickle charge(ing) is a term used to describe the batteries entering a very low rate of charge that have just finished charging and are still in the charger. Not all chargers have this feature, but most of the popular and better known brands do (Maha, Lgithning Pack, Rayovac 1 hour, some of the ones that have this feature).

When you leave the batteries in the charger on trickle charge until ready to be used, you will have the highest amount of power from that battery ready to go.

Good Day,

Steven