Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:21 PM   #1

Hey guys, just picked up some energizer rechargables from my new canon S3 and was wondering how long i should charge them, their 2500 mA, and the charger outputs 360x2 but im not sure if it outputs 360 per battery or 180 per battery. It says it has an "built in saftey timer" not sure if that means it turns it off after their done chargin or what.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
UnderwaterF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:50 AM   #2

I charge mine in a Maha Energy Corp (MH-C204F) charger I have had for 3 to 4 years. I charge them till the green light comes on and then take them out, let them cool for 5 minutes and put them into a plastic holder and into the camera bag. It takes beetween 3.5 and 4 hours with this charger when fully dead (12v/0.5A). I use engerizes 2300 and 2500mha and love them.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 6:44 AM   #3

UnderwaterF wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys, just picked up some energizer rechargables from my new canon S3 and was wondering how long i should charge them, their 2500 mA, and the charger outputs 360x2 but im not sure if it outputs 360 per battery or 180 per battery. It says it has an "built in saftey timer" not sure if that means it turns it off after their done chargin or what.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
That charger will only charge in pairs of 360mA. 2x360mA means two pairs of 360mA. so you can charge 2 or 4 at a time. The timer on that charger is 8.5 hours and is optimized for 2500mAh cells, so if they're completely drained, you load it, plug it in and after 8.5 hours, the green light turns off and they're charged.

The included instruction is rather crummy, but Energizer has a far better manual online.
http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/chdc.pdf

Batteries are cheap, so while overcharging would reduce their perfromance sooner, I'd just let it run full cycle whenever.
itsme000 is offline   Reply With Quote