Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:01 AM   #1

I recently obtained MAHA charger 8108M. The small manualspecifically states put batteries left to right in the slots and higher capacity batteries on the left side. I am not sure what is comsidered left my left facing the charger or charger's left when cahrger is facing me.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"It is also kind of dumb if not unthoughtful of MAHA not to label the charging slots 1 through 8.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Does any one know the correct answer with a diagram.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"thanks

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"ag
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2007, 8:12 AM   #2

I would interpret it to be YOUR left.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:35 AM   #3

Hello Aghauri,

The reason for the suggestion from Maha is that the right side of the charger, facing the display, will warm up during discharging. The heat from the charger can be transfered to the cells, so if you start farthest away from the hot spot, the cells should stay cooler.

Electrically, there is no difference in any of the slots and you can use any of them.

In actual practice, I have not noticed the charger getting that hot, but I seldom am discharging 8 cells at the same time.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2007, 8:18 PM   #4

I understood the logic, what gets me that it confused me with left to right. Since i posted this question i looked at the reviews of this charger with pictures of battery loaded chargers atcouple ofreview sites. Though all these reviewers emphasized left to right loading for bigger to smaller sized batteries but one reviewerpicture looked as if larger batteries loadedfrommy left to right and the other reviewer picture looked opposite. I wondered i am not the only one confused with this situation.

It would have been simple just tonumber the slots.
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote