Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:59 PM   #11

battery arrived today from harpers photo....prompt efficient service....still waiting on kodak over a month after I placed my order...twice....

tinman9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 7:41 AM   #12

Hi Alan,

I am new entrant to this group located in India. Recently I had purchased a new Kodak Z712 IS camera.

Unfortunately, my 2000 mah Nimh batteries do not even last for 30 snaps on my camera. When I got back to my local kodak Support group with this annoying issue they said I will not be able to get even 100 photos with the Zoom and flash features on. That is not true and I know thats a lie.

I dont think there are any issues with my camera. All features work fine and I am able to get good pics as well. But would you knowif I would be able to get some 100 snaps with Kodak z712 IS ?? Should I switch over to Li-Ion (although a costly option), will it give me marked incrase in battery life...

I understand you have been using a Kodak Z712 IS camera. Probably you may be able to give me some good suggestions.. :-) .. Cheers !!

christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2007, 8:25 AM   #13

christov wrote:
Quote:
I understand you have been using a Kodak Z712 IS camera. Probably you may be able to give me some good suggestions..
This has been discussed extensively here and in the Kodak forum, in tortuous threads, mostly started by me. I'm very happy now!

The very best solution is to use Kodak's proprietary KLIC-8000 Li-ion rechargeable, butit has a unique 2-contact (one bottom, one side) design and dedicated charger,and is expensive andsometimes in short supply in some places.

There are cheaper after-market 'KLIC-8000 replacement batteries'.

I am using a pair of 'rechargeable CR-V3' batteries and charger. Mine have three contacts on the end, one used only by the charger. I was very happy with these, used & recharged daily alternately,on my recent two week holiday in which I took 1400 shots, some of which are posted round here in the 'Biweekly Challenge forum'.

There are different 2-contact varieties of 'rechargeable CR-V3'with their own, different chargers, and these should work just as well.

Most users, including me,report very poor battery lifetime with Ni-MH AAs, though some claim hundreds of shots, probably in low energy near-continuous shooting.

As emergency backup, I carry a disposable CR-V3 Li battery as well.Mine has a 'use by' date of 2016.

Good luck with your camera. I love mine!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 3:20 PM   #14

:-):-)... Thanks a lot and I am so thankful for your suggestions !!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I understand that this was very extensively discussed in this forum. I was so anxious and was eager to find if mine was an alienated issue....

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Anyways I am happy to know that this is not a problem with my camera. I will opt for the CRV3 batteries or may be the Kodak Li-ion batteries itself.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Cheers !!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:46 PM   #15

I am having a hard time trying to get the KLIC-8000 batteries. The Store manager has informed me that he is trying to check for a readily available LI -ion battery. I am not too confident if he can deliver this within this week.

I do not know why they made the Z712 so dependent on these type of batteries , and there's not even a mention of it in the manuals.....

Old Sep 26, 2007, 6:49 PM   #16

Hi Alan,

I just found out that KLIC 8000 batteries doesnt work for Kodak Z712 Camera... It even refuses to switch on with these batteries. I even saw a Live Demo for this. I was literally shocked and also happy that I did not buy these batteries finally.

Do you also have the same experience ? Why is Kodak giving such false info ? Havent they properly checked their products ?

Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:02 AM   #17

christov wrote:
Quote:
KLIC 8000 batteries doesnt work for Kodak Z712 Camera...I even saw a Live Demo for this
Everyone round here in these forums has reported good performance from KLIC-8000 batteries in the Z612 and Z712 until now. Some of these were Kodak-made, and some were third-party 'replacement KLIC-8000'. Is it possible that the batteries you saw were faulty or counterfeit imitations? Where did you see them? I wouldn't expect the market to be big enough for counterfeiting to be worthwhile.

I don't have a KLIC-8000. They weren't supplied with my Z712 (but were with the Z612 in the UK),so I haven't used them myself. They are difficult to find in some places at some times. I use 'rechargeable CR-V3' Li-ionbatteries.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:42 PM   #18

christov wrote:
Quote:
Hi Alan,

I just found out that KLIC 8000 batteries doesnt work for Kodak Z712 Camera... It even refuses to switch on with these batteries. I even saw a Live Demo for this. I was literally shocked and also happy that I did not buy these batteries finally.

Do you also have the same experience ? Why is Kodak giving such false info ? Havent they properly checked their products ?

I think I'd look real hard at the motivation of the person giving the demo. Genuine KLIC8000s work in the Z612/Z712 cameras.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2007, 11:44 AM   #19

I dont know.. Actually I checked in two different branches of a well known Camera shop in India.

I dont understand why they have to discourage me from buying orignial Kodak when I was not even willing to go for cheaper make ....

But I inserted the batteries myself in the Kodak Z612 and Kodak Z712... The battery really looked like the original ones .... It worked well in the 612 unles they did something to the 712.. However, since you said that it works I will check with a different retail outlet...
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:21 PM   #20

Can anyone help me with a good link where I can purchase the KLIC 8000 online? I have a friend in the US now. He is onsite on an assignment and will be returning by November.

Do you know of any link where i could get the original ones with the best rates ? I am afraid of the black market now