Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 14, 2007, 5:15 PM   #1

Ihave a couple chargers in mind right now.

The 401FS http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mhc401fs.htm

and the

C-9000 http://www.thomas-distributing.com/m...ry-charger.php

Now I understand the 401FS has a lifetime warranty which is good only if the company backs it up. Has anyone ever needed to use that lifetime warranty before and how did Maha treat you? Did you have to pay S/H to return it? Any special requirements on the return (ie. FEDEX/UPS, tracking number, insurance, etc) ?

Also on the C-9000 are thier any issues with this charger I should know about? Obviously the reason I picked this pair is so I have the absolute flexiblity of basic charging and advance caring for my cells. The C-9000 has many modes of charge useful when I'm closer to home base or take on travel. The 401FS has two charge modes for quick selection when I just need a grab an go solution in a rush but still allowing me a chioce of slow/fast charging.

Thanks in advance.

Zero_Enigma.
zero_enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:04 AM   #2

I have both chargers but I no longer use the 401 because of it's low slow charge rate and the fast charge rate is useless to me because it tends to "cook" batteries.

The C9000 is my primary charger and I've had no issues with it to date.

As far as their warranty policy goes, I believe you send the charger back to them (you pay shipping), they repair/replace it, and send it back at their cost.

I've not had to send back a charger for repair, so I can't comment on how long it takes or how they treat their customers.

BTW, you can getthe C9000with (8) Powerex 2700 mAh AA cells from Newegg.com for only $69.99. I highly recommend the Powerex cells,high capacity and very slow self-discharge rate.

coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:20 AM   #3

Dood that NewEgg's site is more expensive then the Thomas site by about $12 bucks. I hail from Canada so shipping is a concern. UPS is utter bollocks when shipping from the USA to Canada. You get dinged so bad with customs/duty/taxes that it's better to drive down and fill the spare tire up with batteries and come back up. Then again the gate keepers (border) might think you're trying to make a battery bomb then . USPS tends to have a high percentage of not ripping you off at customs and most items fly over but Thomas I think does not offer that, unless thier parcel post is another term for USPS?

Zero_Enigma

zero_enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:27 AM   #4

I suppose that depends where you live. It's $15 cheaper if you live in the states
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:05 PM   #5

I wouldn't know how they stand up behind their warrent because I have had one of their chargers since 2002 and it still works for me. I chargeapprox 3sets AAs in it every week and it still works well. Its a little slow but it does the job.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote