Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 9, 2007, 1:53 PM   #1

I am thinking about ordering the MH-C9000 from Thomas-Distributing, and a couple 4-packs of batteries.

Their shipping to Canada is a good price $15 for the charger and 8 batteries.

But I am wondering if I am going to get nailed with Duty. The charger alone is worth more than $50, and I am guessing it is not made in the USA, so I should have to pay it. The only cheap shipping is from USPS->Canada Post. I believe CP charge a $15 collection fee whenever they have to collect the duty.

But sometimes (at random?) I don't have to pay duty on items from the us (not made there). I am just wondering if anyone has ordered from Thomas-Distributing in Canada: what was your experience with duty/taxes?

Thanks,
~S
sheamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:43 AM   #2

Why not buy from Peter's Finest in Montreal? I ordered the 9000 and 4-2700mAh Powerex AA's from there and I had them in 2 days. No duty hassle and I've heard that Peter's has very good customer service.

Cheers

bruce
BruceStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:58 AM   #3

Their price is expensive, $73 versus $61 everywhere else. With HST, and shipping, it would been $95. The cheapest (shipped) I have found the MH-C9000 is from EPHobbies.com (in BC), for about $88 shipped and taxes. This just really exceeds what I wan't to spend on a battery charger, even if it is the best.

I ended up buying a La Crosse BC-700 off eBay. I ended up paying $51 Canadian, shipped. Yeah, the BC-900 comes with a bag, and batteries, etc. But I would rather save the $20, and use it to by eneloops. There should not be duty on it, as value is less than $50.

~S
sheamus is offline   Reply With Quote