Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Sep 19, 2007, 3:25 AM   #1

Has any one got and or used aSanyoEneloop AA FAST charger and 4 Eneloops battery set .(Fast as oposed to I believeSanyo do a ( normal)charger and X4 Eneloopbattery set) .. The charger is a Sanyo and 4Eneloops included,advertised on Ebay uk by a power seller and is listed as( new in item ),The charger shows each individual batteries charging progress it seems, I did just wonder if it being fast charger spec it might shorten the life:O of the Enellops that I want to try and use in my seconhand K100d Ive just bought for a song, Rodo Uk.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:42 AM   #2
blr

rodo wrote:
Quote:
Has any one got and or used aSanyoEneloop AA FAST charger and 4 Eneloops battery set . (Fast as oposed to I believeSanyo do a ( normal )charger and X4 Eneloopbattery set) .. The charger is a Sanyo and 4Eneloops included,advertised on Ebay uk by a power seller and is listed as( new in item ),The charger shows each individual batteries charging progress it seems, I did just wonder if it being fast charger spec it might shorten the life:O of the Enellops that I want to try and use in my seconhand K100d Ive just bought for a song, Rodo Uk.
Please list the model number or at least give a link to the location you found it. Fast charging, if done properly, does not shorten the life of your cells. In fact most battery manufactureres recommend fast charging their cells providing that the charger used can detect full charge and lower to the charging current to much lower levels needed for maintainance charge.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:33 AM   #3

I wonder too - if using a fast charger may considerably shorten the life of a battery. :

15mn Fast Charger draws 65-70 Watts

Normal Charger (6-8 Hrs) draws 4 watts

The fast Charger generates 17-18 times more heat while charging!

S2Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:01 AM   #4

Hello Rodo,

I believe the ideal charge rate for Eneloop cells is a 2 hour charge.

You can charge them slower, but the end of charge signal may not stop the charge in a timely manor leading to overcharging. Sanyo seems to be bundling slow chargers (7-8 hour) with their batteries, but I am not sure how well they work.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:07 AM   #5

Hello S2Can,

Unfortunately it doesn't work quite like that...

Charging NiMh cells quicker than in 1 hour stresses the cells and results in reduced cycle life. It is better to limit the charge rate to 1 or 2 hours.

However, I ran some tests on some 2000 mAh cells and the Energizer 15 minute charger. After 150 complete charge/discharge cycles, the cells still had over 91% of their initial capacity. I would not expect to get 1000 cycles from them, but over 500 seems very reasonable.

Ioccasionally charge my Eneloop cells on the 15 minute charger and have not seen any ill effects so far.

Tom
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:29 AM   #6

One more Question please , How long will the AA Enloops last unused we know that Lion batteries go bad after 3/4 years used OR unused , I have now bought quite a few morepacks ie 64 pieces cheaply:crazy: , all new/sealedof Sanyo Eneloops that I hope to store and use some years in the future if they dont go bad like lions do unused.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:12 PM   #7

Hello Rodo,

No one knows... The Eneloop cells have only been availabe for about 2 years now, and they are still going strong.

So, I can say, with confidence, that they will last 2 years... :-)

Tom