Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:53 PM   #1

Why aren't their ANY manufactures offering these types of batteries in C/D/9v. Is the battery industry in collusion with the manufactures of hybrid batteries. May be it's a coincidence that duracell (probably the largest battery manufacturer) one of the last companies to jump onto the hybrid game. As I also recall they were late in the game with NiMh batteries.
Anyway, has any one seen any hybrid batteries that are in C/D and 9v. Please let me know. I am not looking for adapters that use AA to C or D. I have some of these adapters, not realy good for high drain devices. For me the current is way too low to power my electronics. - garman
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:24 PM   #2

Hello Garman,

Check out Thomas Distributing. It seems AccuPower has offered some C and D sized cells with the low self discharge chemistry. No test results are available, so you may be the first to try them out.

Let us know how you like them.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:51 PM   #3

I don't think these batteries are hybrid batteries. I can't find any specs regarding storage times. I have a set of C type NiMh, they tend to keep thier power but the are considerably dead after 2 months.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:54 PM   #4

Hello Garman,

They advertise about 2% self discharge per month. Seems like a low self discharge cell to me...

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2007, 6:40 PM   #5

Thanks, I'm not sure where your finding this data. Probably a over site on my part. I'll look again. Thanks again

addition:
I realize I was looking at the wrong batteries. They are the Accupower Evolution. It says pre-charged. Only one draw back shipping to Canada is a fortune. 15$ same cost as the product. I'll wait or I'll look around the web for something a little closer to home.
Attached Images