Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Dec 7, 2007, 3:31 AM   #1

I want to buy a Panasonic FZ8, but on all the online shops I looked (South African online shops) I cant find battery packs sold for any Panasonic cameras.

I will defnitely need a spare battery. Can I use AA's (I heard that some Li-Ion batteries are interchangeable with AA)?
Are the Panasonic Battery pack perhaps the same as that of Canon, Nikon or Sony?

EDIT: After digging deeper into reviews it seems VERY unlikely that AA's can be used instead.
Carrots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2007, 8:27 PM   #2

Carrots wrote:
Quote:
I want to buy a Panasonic FZ8, but on all the online shops I looked (South African online shops) I cant find battery packs sold for any Panasonic cameras.

I will defnitely need a spare battery. Can I use AA's (I heard that some Li-Ion batteries are interchangeable with AA)?
Are the Panasonic Battery pack perhaps the same as that of Canon, Nikon or Sony?

EDIT: After digging deeper into reviews it seems VERY unlikely that AA's can be used instead.
No, the batteries are different. You don't want to try using proprietary batteries from other makers in your FZ8. Most probably won't even fit. I have some from Olympus for use in an E1 that is shaped much like the Panasonic battery, but the Olympus pack is bigger.

The same batteries you use in your FZ8 also work in the FZ50 and FZ18 and probably the other FZ's too...I just know from experiencethese particular bodies do use the same.

AA's are not useable with these cameras.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote