Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:04 PM   #1

In reading the various threads, it seems the KLIC-8000 is the preferred option (and 3rd party is ok). Also, rechargable CRV3s seem to work.

I'm looking for feedback from actual Z812 owers... what's working for you?

Also, can I trust Bestbatt.com? Any other recommended merchants for the KLIC-8000?

Thanks,

Mark
digger69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:56 PM   #2

In my Z712is, very similar,I use alternately a pair of 3-terminal rechargeable Li-ion CR-V3s.

A centre small terminal is used by the charger and not the camera. These batteries carry two different badges (Uniross '1300mAh' and 'Digital' '1350mAh'), but I'm pretty sure they're identical, as their voltages and currents through a standard resistor before & after charging are extremely close, and I can't tell the difference in lifetime. The charger and the 'Digital' batterycame from Maplin, an electronics & gadget store, under the name 'Vanson' on the instructions.

I am very happy with this setup. I carry a throwaway Li CR-V3 dated 2015 as well as emergency backup. Battery life is wildly variable according to energy use. Flash and LCD seem to be heavy users. I use them little. I suspect zooming is pretty heavy too, and I do a lot of that. I use the EVF most of the time. I estimate I've taken 3000 shots since May, and I've often had to change the batteries in mid-session, but never got through both without plenty of time to recharge. I generally use each battery until the camera gives its (short) warning, as it takes seconds to swap to the next charged one.

If I were starting again I'd probably get KLIC-8000 for longer life. They were in very short supply when I started, so I had little choice. If I wanted either those or higher capacity CR-V3s, I'd have to buy a new charger.

Good luck!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:38 PM   #3

Alan, thank you for the quick reply. You were the primary author of most of the information I had already gleaned from these forums re: the CRV3 and the KLIC-8000. You are an asset to the forums.

I'm not sure I'd trust a KLIC-8000 from ebay But, perhaps another e-tailer. I'm hoping someone will chime in with their success story.

Cheers.

Mark

Old Jan 3, 2008, 1:35 AM   #4

My experience is with KLIC-8000 from both Kodak and Best Batt. Both perform equally well and I do get to charge the Best Batt on the Kodak charger without any problems at all.
a-beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2008, 1:48 PM   #5

Hi,

I don't have experience with bestbatt battery. But my cheapbatts battery is work fine to me.

http://www.cheapbatts.com/p-123-koda...a-battery.aspx

In my experience, i truest e-merchant more than ebayer. Just my 2 cents. I always find much lower price in store online than ebay.
chhchung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:51 AM   #6

Well, I went with BestBatt.com and have been very pleased with the batter and the charger.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Best.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:50 AM   #7

Thanks for your compliment back in January, and I'm delighted you found a good solution.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote