Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:38 PM   #1

Last year I did a thorough investigation of battery chargers. The above charger was highly recommended from all sources. I use it for all my home rechargeables and have never had it fail in any way. It is paired with all the batteries I use including the Enelope and other rechargeable batteries.
Now under the link "Batteries and Power Packs" I don't even see it mentioned why?
Has it become obsolete in someones views or what? I really do question it's position in your reviews and would appreciate a reply?

Changeling

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:11 PM   #2

The last word in the subject field = "wrong".

When I used the term " for other batteries" that included the phone (2 AAA's/4AA's), Remote control for my entertaiment center " 4 AA's" in the Receiver control and 2 AAA's in the channel remote ! I won't even get into the "C" type batteries for flash lights, Etc,.
I just wanted everyone to know it wasn't for handling 1 series/type of batteries. I personally consider this to be the best charger there is, but this is just my opinion based on 1 year of experience.
Did I miss something?

Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:54 AM   #3

Hello Changeling,

The Accumanager 20 is a very good charger.

I am not sure what you question is, but since it has been released, Maha has raised the bar a little.

The 808M allows for charging 8 cells at a time, gives you the option of two different charging rates, and gives you the option of a "conditioning" cycle that consists of a charge/discharge/charge cycle.

However, the Accumanager 20 does seem to get just a little bit more usable capacity into the cells. It's still a very good charger.

Tom
SilverFoxCPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2008, 4:04 PM   #4

The question was simply that I really like this charger and didn't understand why it was not mentioned in the new reviews. I still consider it Awesome and was worried that something might have become available (news) that made it unsound or not relavent enough to be in contention. Whitch would be rather stupid, since for a home charger it as I said AWESOME!