Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Aug 22, 2008, 12:29 PM   #1

I bought two KLC-8000 batteries about 3 months ago for my Kodak Z712IS and they've been working great but one of them has been acting up on me. When in my charger the green light is on indicating that it is charged but when I use it in my camera I'll get 2-3 pictures and then it'll die on me. I'll put it in the charger and the red light comes on for about 5 minutes and then the green light comes back on.

With experimenting I've left it in the charger even though the light is green to see if that helps but it hasn't. Has anyone had a similar experience or any suggestions for what I can do?

Thanks!,
Wesley
hominid4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:00 PM   #2

I also have two KLIC-8000 batteries for my Z612 and have not encountered that problem. They've been in use since DEC 2006.

As only one of the batteries has the problem that would tend to rule out either a camera or a charger problem. If the battery is still in warranty I'd try to get a warranty replacement.

A. C.

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2008, 4:04 PM   #3

Ah, I was afraid of that. I was hoping that there was a way to "decharge" it, or such, and that would fix it. Seems like something is hung up inside it.

Thanks.
hominid4 is offline   Reply With Quote