Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Jun 5, 2009, 2:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by General.purpose7 View Post
...rechargable and non-recharchable CRV3 batteries. NOTHING worked. However, AA battery works but gives about 20 shots.....
This camera appears to be faulty, I agree. Is it new or used?

I cannot understand how it is possible, in your camera, for AA cells to work, albeit briefly, when a rechargeable or non-rechargeable CRV3 will not. The CRV3 uses the same camera contacts (at the inner end of the battery compartment) as do a pair of AAs. The lid of the battery compartment contains a simple metal link connecting the cells in series, which is unnecessary and unused in the one-ended CRV3 configuration.

In those cameras where the battery modification worked, the side contact used only by the KLIC-8000 was apparently faulty or broken.

My Z712 and Z1012 (with similar battery configuration) and others around here are still working fine. I routinely, nearly every day, use either KLIC-8000 or rechargeable CRV3 interchangeably.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:34 PM   #12

Default klic 8000

Same thing happened to me today. Bought a KLIC 8000 and did not work. Thought about buying the CRV3 rechargeables but after reading these posts, have decided against it. I think that my camera also has problems with the contacts. It works fine on AA batteries, but doesn't last very long.
elehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2009, 6:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by elehmann View Post
...It works fine on AA batteries, but doesn't last very long.
Well I think, therefore, it would work well on rechargeable CR-V3. Failing that, Li primary AAs, or throwaway CR-V3 will give good value. They're not that expensive considering the number of shots they'll give, and they're a lot less hassle.

That said, I use two rechargeable CR-V3s and a KLIC-8000 in rotation in both my Z712 and Z1012.

Exactly which model of the Z-series are you talking about?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 3:19 PM   #14
lcn

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazz View Post
chinnu7678 wrote
I bought some KLIC8000 replacement batteries and they didn't work on my Z712IS but i got a wire and extend the middle contact from the battery to the + contact to the camera (place where there is no contact on the klic-8000 battery) and it works. i take 700 pictures(+flash+lcd+using zoom function for 100 pics) with one charge with one klic8000. is this correct.. does it matter and has possibility to damage my camera? can somebody tell me? thanks

Thank you for your incites into this problem.
I used you post on a KLIC-8000 I just picked up s my Z712 is would not recognize it.
Worked perfectly.
lcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2010, 10:28 AM   #15

For what it might be worth, I am using KLIC-8000 batteries in my Kodak Z-712 camera that is sitting right in front of me, as I write this post.

Could there be differences due to geographical markets?? Mine is a Z-712 designed for and purchased in the USA.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by maumau View Post
i did just the same procedure before watching your scheme, grazz, and i can confirm it works wonderfully.

thank you very much!

I am very confused by these last two posts, from 'chinnu7678' and 'grazz'. The KLIC-8000 is the recommended battery for all this series of cameras. It works perfectly well in my Z712 and my Z1012, with just the one end contact and one side contact, and no bits of wire.

Obviously the camera's contact inside its battery compartment, which shouldmatch the battery's side contact, is broken in both your cameras, which seems a remarkable coincidence. Were these cameras new or second-hand?

I think the side contact design for the KLIC-8000 was intended to avoid the danger of users attempting to recharge non-rechargeable, throwaway, primary lithium batteries, which have both contacts on one end (as have rechargeable CR-V3 Li-ion batteries). Attempting to recharge a non-rechargeable lithium battery is potentially dangerous. Rechargeable CR-V3 batteries have their contacts for charging in various places, but all I have seen have a pair of contacts both on one end to match the camera's contacts.
dorramide7 is offline   Reply With Quote