Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Oct 21, 2008, 2:46 PM   #1

This question probably has been asked and answered, but is the Lacrosse BC700 the newer model of the BC900? and is it a better unit?

Thanks
BigAlKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:20 PM   #2

From what I've been able to find, yes, the BC700 is newer than the BC900.

But the BC900 comes with batteries while the BC700 doesn't, and the BC900 can do a fast recharge that the BC700 can't. But fast recharges cause the battery to heat up, which shortens the life of the battery.

So you decide which is better.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:16 PM   #3

Looking at Lacrosse web site, they do not even list the BC700 on their product list just the BC900. I had the BC900 just a few months ago and it overheated at 1000mh charge so I sent it back to Amazon and got the MAha C9000 from Thomas which is a great unit. Just needed another one and wanted to see if the BC700 was a newer version. Amazon states that it is but why does Lacrosse not even have listedo their web site? You can find it for support issues, but even the specs havebeen removed from the page.

And of course when I emailed Lacross twice in the past week, got no responce. Even when I cal;led their number, I was placed nhold for 15 mins and then a recoreding came onfor me to leave my name and numberand they would call me ASAP..... Yeah right.

Lacrosse makes weather stations which I got and after a week, it said it was raining while it was 95 degress outside and sunny. And when I called them about that I got the runaround.

So in my thinking, I believe I am better off getting a Maha C9000 and will buyit again from Thomas Distributing because Amazon does not carry it and it goes thru a 3rd party vendor.

So please lookat Lacrosse web site and please tell me that I am right about this confusion of BC700 being a newer product?

Thanks

Al

BigAlKY is offline   Reply With Quote