Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:51 AM   #1

hi everyone, i have a question regarding batt's for DSLR. is it okey if i charge my batt even if the battery is not yet fully drained?

cheers!
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:53 AM   #2

Yes it is okay.We do it all the time withour Canon and Sony equipment. The camera-specific batteries are not NiCd anymore and suffer no memory effect.

Some ofourSony info-lithiums are 6 yearsplus of ageand heavily used. Only one out of the 6 I have, and it is the oldest, is showing its age.

As forour Canon batteries, the same thing ... no problems. I always recharge before a shoot whether the battery is drained or not,and have yet to replace any of theseveral we use. There has been no reduction in capacity or rechargability.

Now, I am not suggesting that you take a single picture and then recharge. That would be ridiculous. Use common sense. Use the battery; if you have only shot a few pictures, don't bother to recharge ... just put the camera aside and use it again later. Do recharge before a trip or a shooting session. My Canon batteries just keep on going and going and going ... like a certain proverbial hare. But I always have at least a second battery with me, just in case.
hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:06 AM   #3

hgernhardtjr wrote:
Quote:
Yes it is okay.We do it all the time withour Canon and Sony equipment. The camera-specific batteries are not NiCd anymore and suffer no memory effect.

Some ofourSony info-lithiums are 6 yearsplus of ageand heavily used. Only one out of the 6 I have, and it is the oldest, is showing its age.

As forour Canon batteries, the same thing ... no problems. I always recharge before a shoot whether the battery is drained or not,and have yet to replace any of theseveral we use. There has been no reduction in capacity or rechargability.

Now, I am not suggesting that you take a single picture and then recharge. That would be ridiculous. Use common sense. Use the battery; if you have only shot a few pictures, don't bother to recharge ... just put the camera aside and use it again later. Do recharge before a trip or a shooting session. My Canon batteries just keep on going and going and going ... like a certain proverbial hare. But I always have at least a second battery with me, just in case.
Quote:
ei thanks for the info, atleast now i know what im doing is pretty much ok. yeah, often after taken roughly about 60-140 shots i do recharge before going out and taking my cam with me just to be sure. im also planning to get a battery grip for
Quote:
my beloved cam.
Quote:
thanks again! cheers!
kronuz is offline   Reply With Quote