Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Batteries or Power Packs

Old Apr 20, 2009, 7:30 PM   #1

Iordered the BC 900 from amazon this past weekend and they ended up sending the BC 9009. it really does not matterto me, i was curious does any one know what the difference is between the BC 900 and the BC9009 ? other then the color 900 is lite blue and the 9009 isdark blue but is their a difference in the performance between the 2 of them ???? still was worth and a good deal itcame with the charger and 4 AA batteries &4 AAA batteries & 4- C adaptors ,&4 - D, adaptors and a black travel bag not abad dealfor 39 bucks for which ever BC chargerthey sent.

the BC 9009 when first plugged in the chambersshowthis in each display window

1 - 2--4

-11 - 12 - -35

chamber 3 does not show any number when first plugged in just chambers 1, 2, &4 do. should chamber 3 show a digit reading?

shoebooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:01 PM   #2

I was going to say you had your facts mixed up, but I did a Google search and sure enough,LaCrosse has released (or is getting ready to release)a new charger. It's currently listed as "TBD" on their site.

Without knowing anything about this new charger, I'd say you made out well. The BC-700 is more for lower capacity, LSD NiMH cells. But this is news to me, and I'm sure the BC-9009 is an improvement over the BC-900. I'll probably end up picking one up. The charging rates are very close to those on the BC-900.

I don't see it listed on Amazon's site, but since you received one, that's a good indication that they have some in stock and it should be appearing on their site.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:32 PM   #3

Iwas actually kinda glad it was the BC 9009 that showed upbeing the newest version after reading about the meltdowns that people have had with the BC 900 that i have read in a few of the posts.

so are these chargers OK to leave charging over night or for a few days like it says the refresh mode could take up to several days according to the instruction manual.

i work 4-10's so I'm get a little Leary about keeping things plugged in while I'm not around just out of habit, better to be safe then sorry !!

but I'm just curious on how many people leave their batteries on charge while they go to work or for days with it in the trickle charge mode???
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:35 AM   #4

Overnight, yes. A few days, I wouldn't. But that depends if this charger goes into a trickle mode when the charge is complete. If it does not trickle charge, it would be OK to leave them in the charger. If it does, I wouldn't leave the cells in the charger for more than 18 hrs.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:37 PM   #5

Yes according to the bc9009 manual it does go into a trickle charge after the batteries are charged up to full !!
Old Jun 23, 2009, 3:17 PM   #6

Mine does the same with similar numbers, and they just kept flashing like this when I plug in batteries to charge, yet yours seems to work or I didnt see you say it isnt charging, I wonder if I am missing something,

When I plug it in the numbers flash, when I put in batteries nothing happens the numbers just keep flashing not even if I try clicking any of the buttons, not sure if I have a faulty unit or just doing something stupid

Any tips or help would be appreciated

Last edited by tattoodjay; Jun 23, 2009 at 3:53 PM.
tattoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote